Seller does not agree to ship to auction winner

What should i do. The seller wants to negotiate for more money or it is no deal. After winning the auction seller relists the item and refuses to honor the deal. He is willing to refund my money. I want the item but he says No unless I pay a larger amount. Ebay said that it is a contract when an auction is won. But this seller does not care. He says that it is a dead deal unless i negotiate thus i have to send him more money and he refuses to ship what was sold. Thus I have to offer him much more money or not get the goods.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

glenda
Community Member

Hi david*orange

Unfortunately, there is no way to force a seller to comply with the contract.  Make sure you get your money back, then leave him "appropriate" feedback and ratings. 

Then start looking for another item, from a seller with more integrity.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@david*orange wrote:

What should i do. The seller wants to negotiate for more money or it is no deal. After winning the auction seller relists the item and refuses to honor the deal. He is willing to refund my money. I want the item but he says No unless I pay a larger amount. Ebay said that it is a contract when an auction is won. But this seller does not care. He says that it is a dead deal unless i negotiate thus i have to send him more money and he refuses to ship what was sold. Thus I have to offer him much more money or not get the goods.

Hi david*orange,

Please also make sure to report these types of members: http://spd.ebay.ca/RBASellerHub

Thanks,

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Keep in mind that the most effective feedback is calm and factual. Avoid namecalling, CAPITALS,  and exc!amat!on marks!!!

"Refused to ship. Wanted more money." would cover it.

And then there are Detailed Seller Ratings. These are much more important than feedback, although they are posted together. The normal Rating is Five Stars. The lowest Rating is ONE Star. No stars is a free pass.

If a seller's DSRs drop below 4.3 his ability to list and to sell is severely restricted.

Now since you are new-- was the disputed shipping fee explicitly for Canada and for your postal code? If he is shipping from the USA he may have a very low rate, but Confirmed Delivery to Canada can easily cost $20-$25 for something as small, light and cheap as a postcard.

If the seller does not give a shipping fee for Canada, he is not required to ship to Canada and eBay will support him not you. Always read the whole listing.

Actually, if you find an item while shopping on a mobile device, don't bid until you can review it on a desktop computer. A lot of information gets lost on mobiles.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

thank You for your comments. I originally won the auction at $1200.00 then seller relisted. Then I renegotiated the deal and agreeed to pay $1900.00 which I then paid the second amount after he refunded the first amount. I have talked to the seller in a dignified and professional way. I have always given him the benefit of the doubt. Items were sent by Fedex and waybill showed 4.1 lbs. The two computers weigh 4.49 lbs each x 2 = about 9 lbs. + boxing etc would total maybe 14-15 lbs. The seller wrote on the outside of the package 20 lbs. As the seller relisted the items for a higher price I felt that when we recieved the empty packages he was using this as a deception. He said that he Was also putting in an insurance claim with Fedex for the missing computers. Then he asked my to drop the investigation with ebay/PayPal as they froze his payment and it affected his account to a negative balance. I am hoping that a resolution can be found besides just having my money returned.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply