Seller is saying that he hasn't received a returned item yet.I think that there is something that the seller isn't telling me.

hughie3615
Community Member

I think that there is something suspicious going on with the seller not receiving the returned item, it has been a month now, and i did put a return address on the package.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Seller is saying that he hasn't received a returned item yet.I think that there is something that the seller isn't telling me.

Did you send it with delivery confirmation.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Happens all the time. Buyers return items without on line delivery confirmation and , according to seller, never arrives.

Buyer Protection allows 45 days to file a claim and return with DC.

Likely that one will be a loss for you. 60 days to leave feedback.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Did you send it with delivery confirmation.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Happens all the time. Buyers return items without on line delivery confirmation and , according to seller, never arrives.

Buyer Protection allows 45 days to file a claim and return with DC.

Likely that one will be a loss for you. 60 days to leave feedback.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

For refund claims, it is necessary to use Delivery Confirmation. Some DC services also give tracking which is reassuring but not actually necessary. In fact it sometimes confuses and upsets the watcher.

However, depending on the service you used, and the location of the seller, it is possible that the returned parcel has not yet been received. When parcels are going from seller to buyer, we usually counsel allowing at least 20 days for North American or European delivery, and 30 to 40 days for Asian or Australasian delivery.

If you were shipping overseas and used a "cheap" Surface service, the parcel may not arrive for three months.

At this point, what is done is done. Whether the seller is truthful or not, you cannot make the parcel suddenly appear. Ask him politely to refund you as soon as the parcel is delivered. Leave appropriate, as in polite and factual, feedback on Day 58 *after the sale. By then, the refund may have been completed.

Leaving feedback means that if you are never refunded and the parcel is not returned, you can add a Response to your (or his) feedback. Again the most effective Responses are calm and factual.  (No refund for returned item- unhappy buyer/ Refunded after deadline- honest seller)

*And if he is cheating, this will make him sweat Woman Wink

Message 4 of 4
latest reply