Seller not shipping or responding

ca-yoo4
Community Member

Hi, so I purchased an Iphone s6 on May 6th and after seeing that it has not been shipped on May 10th, I emailed the seller about it. I knew it has only been a few days so I wasn't worried or anything, I just asked if he had a chance to ship it or not (since not all sellers ship through ebay).

After not getting any reply for 3 days, I got a little worried, so I sent another message, this time through ebay. The first message I sent was using personal email I saw on my paypal receipt. 

Two days have past now and I still have not received any replies nor a conformation from ebay telling me that the item has been shipped. I even obtained the sellers phone number from ebay today but only kept getting "At the subscribers request, this phone does not receive incoming calls." I thought maybe the phone was just turned off, but the text dose not go through either.

I tried filing an item not received claim, however it seems like I have to wait till the last estimated delivery date which is June 3ed. (Please let me know if I am wrong, and can  file sooner, as I am new to this.)

I even tried reporting that the seller has an phone number that cannot be reached. However I couldn't find out how to reach the proper category for reporting, from the choices I saw.

Any feedback on what I should do would be very much appreciated.

If you need more detail from me about the purchase, please ask.

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

If you go directly to paypal, you should be able to open an Item Not Received case earlier than what ebay might allow you to do. 

What did the seller's feedback look like? 

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

The seller did not give me any feedback.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

No, the feedback given to the seller from buyers who came before you. Percentage? Negatives or Neutrals due to items not received? Any hint of that?
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

You purchased the item on May 6th.

Your seller should be responding to your messages and not doing so is extremely rude not to mention bad for business, but it's only been 5 business days and way too early to worry about anything just  yet.

The seller may have shipped but you're just not seeing that information and that's not uncommon.

When the time comes you'll be fully protected but for now it's just too early to start worrying.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@ca-yoo4 wrote:

... I purchased an Iphone s6 on May 6th and after seeing that it has not been shipped on May 10th, I emailed the seller about it. ... I tried filing an item not received claim, however it seems like I have to wait till the last estimated delivery date which is June 3ed.

INR (Item-Not-Received) cases can be filed on eBay during the 30 days after last estimated arrival date, which would be June 4 to July 3 for you.

-..-

Where is supposed be shipped from?

-..-

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

The feedbacks were all positive but from over a year ago, so there was no score.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I guess 5 business days are still early but, I am just worried because even the phone number I received was not reachable. 

The phone is being shipped from Pawtucket, Rhode Island, United States.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Did the seller have a long handling period? What does the listing state? It should be indicated under the shipping tab whether they have a same-day shipping policy or take up to ten or more.
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

it says usually ships within 2 business days. 😞

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Was the seller selling or buying a year ago?

I'm wondering if this is a hacked account.

As others have said, there is no problem with the itme-- I usually allow 20 days for delivery from North America, before getting concerned-- but the lack of communication is bothersome.

Hmm- you have contact information. What does the postal address look like on Google Maps?

Invalid Contact Information is not allowed and can be Reported.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

About it being a hacked account, I had the same thought. That or the seller is poor at communication and unclear on the 21-day Paypal hold on funds not being payment. 

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Is the iPhone 6 much cheaper than retail / normal second hand market price? If so I'm more inclined to agree that this seller's account got hacked. Normally I wouldn't buy something this expensive on eBay especially from a seller who had no activity for a year, then suddenly selling a phone does seem suspicious.
Message 13 of 13
latest reply