Seller or EBAY…who do I re-pay ?

I had orders for beads from over sea's that were ordered in August…I finally gave up, EBAY issued me a full refund, then two days later the orders showed up. I contacted the seller telling him that I had finally received my beads and he said great, now could you pay me back please ?

This is a first for me…who do I pay back, EBAY or the seller ?

Thank you…nerr1954

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

When eBay pays a refund, they then go after the seller for their money.

And you should know that eBay has the seller's credit card information, for the normal payment of monthly fees.

So while eBay paid you when the seller was reluctant, the seller eventually was out the money.

And since the seller did send the beads, although they were late to arrive, you owe the seller  the money you were refunded.

You can process the refund by using Paypal's Send Money service. It would be helpful if you included the original transaction number in the Send Money form.

And when you leave feedback, you can also leave Detailed Seller Ratings.

One Rating that buyers often misunderstand is the 'Shipping'. If the seller shipped promptly (check the postmark) then he is really not responsible for delays in transit by the postal system.

If you don't want to give Five Stars for Shipping, you can leave none, which is a Free Pass.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

It is good that you are choosing to do the right thing and repay the seller. As irritating as it is to wait while it seems like an order might or might not come, it is the seller that is out-of-pocket when it does not. Femmefan has given you good advice: use Send Money via Paypal. Confirm first the email address to send it to with the seller. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

If the seller has high-volume sales, your repayment may never be matched correctly even if you include the initial liti  tng number.In order to be sure that the seller matches your payment to the correct sale, ask the seller to send you a PayPal Invoice - then you both have an objective record of the second payment.   Then you can pay that invoice through PayPal.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Very smart. I had not thought of that.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply