Seller posting Free Shipping WW but when I go to checkout, shows charge for shipping??

leya.marie
Community Member

I went to purchase a Handbag and the seller has it advertised in the title of the purse FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE but when I ad the item to my cart it shows a charge for shipping (a small one but still seems like false advertising to me) Is this allowed??

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Seller posting Free Shipping WW but when I go to checkout, shows charge for shipping??

Is this allowed?

NO.

What is the listing number?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

It is definitely misleading. Does it give a shipping price in the shipping details? You can send the seller a question about it. Unfortunately, ebay can't force the seller to ship for free even if the title says that is free.

I don't know if this is the same purse but I do see a seller in China offering free shipping in the title but who has a cost in the shipping section. I also see that the title says leather but the purse is faux leather so in my opinion that particular seller is not up front and I wouldn't purchase from them.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I've seen tons of  overseas auctions that have free shipping to the USA but not to Canada. I'm not saying they are advertising 'FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING' like the OP is, but it's still annoying.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

In China there is an epacket service to the U.S. that is inexpensive and fast. There is no such service to Canada so perhaps that is why you see free shipping to the U.S. but not Canada.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply