Seller sent wrong dimension item

i bought 2 fishing rod 4.5m but the seller sent me 3.6m now i dont want the rod and return item cost me 30$ the item only cost 18$ each what should i do now

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

If you go to eBay's Resolution Centre and open an Item Not As Described dispute, they will want the seller to send you a Return Shipping Label.

Although this has not been possible unless both parties are in the same country, eBay seems recently to have become aware of it.

Worth a try anyway.

If the seller is in North America, this could work itself out.

The first step is to ask the seller for the return postage (sending the wrong size is his responsibility, after all). If he is recalcitrant, then go to the Dispute.

If you cannot resolve the problem between you or through eBay's Resolution Centre, you can leave appropriate feedback and resell the rods here or on an online local classified website. (With the correct measurements, of course).

And remember , you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Politely-- Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Did you contact the seller? If they told you to send the item back but didn't offer to pay for return shipping, open a return request using item not as described as the reason.  I would be careful about putting 'size' as the reason just because I know that size isn't always considered a 'not as described' case in some categories so that might just confuse the issue. You want the item to be considered not as described because it isn't as described and because then the seller is responsible for return shipping.

If the buyer agrees to the return request but is in another country, they can't send you a shipping label so ebay expects them to work things out with the buyer and pay for shipping ahead of time. If the seller doesn't do that, ask ebay to step in once you are allowed to do that and explain that the seller will not pay for shipping. You might want to phone ebay about it as well. Hopefully things will work for you.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply