Selling Strategies

G'day. As I try to grow a P/T ebay venture into a full time one, I'm wondering if anyone wants to talk about selling strategies. I've been pretty much running 10-day auctions that span 2 weekends and end on Sunday night, which I find to be the busiest bidding time for me. Then I go after the second chance offers because I sell alot of the same thing over and over again. I have some auctions going up on 7-day listings Sun to Sun to see what happens with final selling prices. I'd like to hear from other powersellers how sell the same product over and over, who may have found ways to increase volumes. Success? Hooror stories? Acceptable margins? Looking forward to yor input. Cheers, JR
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Selling Strategies

jasonsportscards
Community Member
well one thing i have learned if your auction doesn't end on a sun night, the final sale price ends up lower. i find between 7-10pm est to be the best. i also find that many of items will either go unoticed or only 1 bid on them so i tend to loose on those items. fri/sat night isn't to bad, but find mon-thurs to be poor, no one has money as payday is not till thursday.. mine is also seasonal, minor sales during summer, alrady got my wrning as last month asles only hit 400 so not sure how much longer will be around on power seller board.u seem to have a great grasp doing second chance offers it is a great way to do things if you have multiples.
well this is my opinion
jason
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Selling Strategies

Thanks Jason. I have a lot of US buyers, so often I even push the start times a little later for west coast buyers.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Selling Strategies

jasonsportscards
Community Member
makes sense to me, most of mine are these days canadian or european, i think that fact that i post ship times to US to scare customers, but i simply got tired of them whining every day that thier item has yet to come to them. to be honest i can't blame them but when it takes amonth sometimes longer with lettermail it is bad
jason
Message 4 of 4
latest reply