Selling restrictions due to 2 NFB

anythingulike2008
Community Member
Hi all, I am wondering how many other sellers here have had or do have the same issue as I have. Ebay has restricted my selling due to my having 2 NFB in the past couple of months and neither one is my fault.1 customer states a zipper was broken when he recieved his item, I know it wasn't as it was inspected but I did offer the person to ship it back and he never did, so after more then my 7 day return policy expired and no word from the buyer I emailed them to let them know it was past the return policy time and the factory will not fix his item. so he left me neg feedback ( obviously).
The other one I received was from abuyer that had returned his items to me and I had emailed him several times , sometimes with replies from him and some that were not and then he gives me NFB saying I never replied tohim and never received his items. His returned items had not even been received at that time when he left me this NFB, and now ebay restricts my selling for this??

I have now a 99.1% score . All my other comments are great, I dont really get this.
Any positive feedback from any others here?
And yes I have asked the buyers to Mutually withdraw the FB but one has not replied and the other is still waiting on his items first.
Leatherldy from Canada
Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

tea_past_times
Community Member
I'm sorry I don't have the answer to your question, but I was just thinking that you and Powerseller Bill (Treasure-Pot) should join forces. He sells little rubber shoesies, that would go nicely with one of your outfits. Merry Season to you!!
Message 2 of 44
latest reply

Try getting the neutral from Oct 21st removed , for the purposes of the Non-Performing Seller policy neutral are the same as negs.

In any event they are looking at your rating only over the last 90 days, just hang in and in a few weeks when one of the older ones "goes away" you should be able to get fully reinstated.
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
Message 3 of 44
latest reply

bare_bright
Community Member
Makes me Sick, when buyers have this power over you with
the feedback issue, I agree there is a need for feedback
but stopping someone from selling with 2 negs and 1 neut?
what about these power sellers from china that have like 10, 20 negs? I see there still selling?
The feedback system is very unfair I think, I had one
Bit.. give me a neut 8 months ago and when I took a look at her site she had given out a few that day, so just because she had a bad day the seller get's hit. very unfair system. you get all kinds out there I had one dude
EMAIL me saying if I don't refund 1/2 he will have to leave a neg. There was nothing wrong with the item.

This buyer is a nut case. I should have reported him.
see.ya Tibor:)
T.J.
Message 4 of 44
latest reply

anythingulike2008
Community Member
Thanks all for the feedback,I appreciate it.

recped , thanks I forgot about the neutral I had there.
I agree the feedback is not really fair, the buyer can leave neg FB for any reason they want too, they can purchase an item it be exactly as described yet they can make up any story and give a neg just to be ignornant , how is that fair?
Also even with the paypal disputs and money back to the buyer, this is unfair also. You know you can have your set policy on returns and I dont think that even matters they would still give the buyer the refund if not happy. Makes you wonder why even bother to have a policy in place.
Leatherldy from Canada
Message 5 of 44
latest reply

paultheriault
Community Member
I have approx 5 people over the last 3weeks who have bid and not paid. and if i leave them negartive feedback they will just leave me some in return. so what are you left to do?
Message 6 of 44
latest reply

bestshowtime
Community Member
Put your items on another auction!!!
One of them ebid
Message 7 of 44
latest reply

anythingulike2008
Community Member
Speaking 0f other auction sites are there any out there besides here that actually have traffic and open to canadians?
Leatherldy from Canada
Message 8 of 44
latest reply

anythingulike2008
Community Member
p.s I had my neutral withdrawn on ebay and one of my megatives removed, now my score is 99.5% how long before ebay is going to lift my restrictions? A MONTH?
Leatherldy from Canada
Message 9 of 44
latest reply

I agree the feedback is not really fair, the buyer can leave neg FB for any reason they want too, they can purchase an item it be exactly as described yet they can make up any story and give a neg just to be ignornant , how is that fair?

Fair? Sellers can do the same thing

and if i leave them negartive feedback they will just leave me some in return. so what are you left to do?

Give them unpaid item strikes and don't leave feedback.

Speaking 0f other auction sites are there any out there besides here that actually have traffic and open to canadians?

Except for a few specialty sites....NO

how long before ebay is going to lift my restrictions? A MONTH?

Checking your profile here

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/neg90?User=leatherldy&Dirn=Check

You should be able to get eBay to fully reinstate you, you wold have to appeal to Trust & Safety, they won't automatically review your account.

By the way, it's not your overall feedback number but rather your history over the past 90 days including negs neutrals, any eBay disputes filed and perhaps other factors eBay doesn't reveal in detail.

Message 10 of 44
latest reply

anythingulike2008
Community Member
WOW!!Great useful link.But as you can see I dont think I have that bad of feeback or score. I have emailed ebay on this as to when to reinstate and they say 1 month. GIVE ME A BREAK !! I had the nuetral changed and the 1 neg removed, the other the buyer has not responded to my request.

Also they say if you have 5% lower score , my score was never 5% it was .9% so how do they come up with 5%? and now it is less then.
crazy!!!!!!!!!
Leatherldy from Canada
Message 11 of 44
latest reply

Fair? Sellers can do the same thing

of course, but eBay broken feedback system favours buyers. The buyer with neg FB can keep happily buying, while seller's rating directly influences the sales.
Message 12 of 44
latest reply

katiusciav
Community Member
dipmicro-you totally took the words out of my mouth and beat me to it...perfectly said...
Kat
Message 13 of 44
latest reply

comics-rock
Community Member
i agree. the amount of times ive been threatened by buyers with low 90% feedback....and their still allowed to buy??? paul
Message 14 of 44
latest reply

paultheriault
Community Member
Buyers should have there account suspened for low feedback scores. it would be nice to see a policy for this in place
Message 15 of 44
latest reply

Also they say if you have 5% lower score , my score was never 5% it was .9% so how do they come up with 5%? and now it is less then.
crazy!!!!!!!!!

When you first posted your "neg 90" rating was 5.74%

Message 16 of 44
latest reply

anythingulike2008
Community Member
ahhh Ok I see how it works now with that link you gave earlier. I will keep a watch on that then.
thanks recped.
Apparently I have already relisted by 75% allowable so I can't relist anymore on here until they review this in a months time.

I think thats crazy and if they see the FB has improved they should lift it sooner. But they don't so go figure.

Yes I also agree that buyers should have the same restriction as sellers do when this happends.
Leatherldy from Canada
Message 17 of 44
latest reply

anythingulike2008
Community Member
Well good news for me, I was able to get my last NFB withdrawn my customer agreed to mutually withdraw it now I am back to 100% FB score with No bad feedback on the 90 day feedback rating. Now what? I still have to wait for ebay to reinstate me in a month?
Leatherldy from Canada
Message 18 of 44
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
Yes you still have to wait. Think of it as a penalty/time out by eBay.

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction!

When you find doing what's right hard to do - you've got a problem.
Message 19 of 44
latest reply

Try contacting Powerseller support and see if they can pull some strings for you. Telephone rather than email is much more likely to get you somewhere.

Even Bronze are supposed to have limited telephone support, you may be able to find the number at the Powerseller Portal, I'd post it but I've heard it's a no-no.

Message 20 of 44
latest reply