September 11th Weekly Board Hour

Hi everyone!

Happy Hump Day! The usual suspects are here today: Rodney, Bryan, Raphael & I - so get those questions rolling  Smiley Happy

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Good afternoon all!  

I have a question about the following promotion -- will this be available on eBay.ca any time soon?  It's a clever idea for those of us who buy as well as sell on eBay: 

http://pages.ebay.com/sell/nosellfees/ 

(It looks like the link didn't come across properly, but you likely know which one I mean).

Thanks!

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

Oh yes, and I wonder if you know what the qualifications are for being invited to the promotion noted above, assuming it will be available in Canada.   Thanks!

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

Good afternoon all!  

I have a question about the following promotion -- will this be available on eBay.ca any time soon?  It's a clever idea for those of us who buy as well as sell on eBay: 

http://pages.ebay.com/sell/nosellfees/ 

(It looks like the link didn't come across properly, but you likely know which one I mean).

Thanks!

Hi rose-dee,

I actually saw a thread on this earlier, but thought I'd wait for you on here since you mentioned you'd ask today 🙂

It's in the testing phase for eBay.com, which is why eBay.ca isn't currently included. We'll see if we can partake on a similar promo in the future. 

Thanks, 

~Kalvin

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

kalvin, did you receive an email from me regarding eBay listings showing no shipping cost for Jersey or Guernsey?

Here is the topic I posted on the issue

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Site-Issues/eBay-Listing-does-not-show-a-shipping-cost-for-Jersey-or/m-p...

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

OK, thanks Kalvin, I'll be watching for this one!

So, you've been reading my threads, have you?  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 27
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

Oh yes, and I wonder if you know what the qualifications are for being invited to the promotion noted above, assuming it will be available in Canada.   Thanks!

Couldn't tell you at this point... we will see.

~Kalvin

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

kalvin, did you receive an email from me regarding eBay listings showing no shipping cost for Jersey or Guernsey?

Here is the topic I posted on the issue

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Site-Issues/eBay-Listing-does-not-show-a-shipping-cost-for-Jersey-or/m-p...

Hi pocomocomputing,

I did - sorry, I thought I had replied! I'm getting it reviewed & I'll get back to you with details as soon as I have them. I'll also jump on that thread to advise.

~Kalvin

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 8 of 27
latest reply

Kalvin another email I sent was about the new eBay promos that require activation from the eBay message or email invitation. My experience is that I receive Promos late or not at all. In the past, I relied on some eBay member posting in the forums that there was a promo. I would then just list a single item to see if I qualified. Now I will not be able to do this. I will never know if I was ever invited or it was lost in the mail since I must activate it with the email I may or may not have received.

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

Hi Kalvin - This is a bit of a follow-up to last week, and while I realize I may be the only one reporting this, I thought I'd mention it here in the event other sellers may be seeing the same problem but not mentioning it.  

The "Discount" button on my Dashboard still takes me to a page that says "No Discount" (rather than 20%), and shows my status as "Standard" rather than the current TRS status.  This change only happened about 10 days ago.  My TRS status page is unchanged, and I seem to have been credited with the discount on the Sept. bill.  However, I'm concerned about the discrepancy affecting future billings.  If you're able to take  a look at this issue, I'd be grateful.  I have a feeling that when the rest of my Dashboard went awry, whatever re-programming was going on at eBay affected the "Discount" button link too.  

I have no idea why I seem to be the only one noting this issue, but I've eliminated browsers as the problem.  Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.  

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

Kalvin another email I sent was about the new eBay promos that require activation from the eBay message or email invitation. My experience is that I receive Promos late or not at all. In the past, I relied on some eBay member posting in the forums that there was a promo. I would then just list a single item to see if I qualified. Now I will not be able to do this. I will never know if I was ever invited or it was lost in the mail since I must activate it with the email I may or may not have received.

Ok, I'll have to double check my outgoing emails, because I know I sent an email on this one!

You're referring to the 'Activate Now' promo, where there'll be 3 opportunities to be informed of your eligibility for certain promos:

1. Email sent to your registered email address
  2. Notification in your Messages in your My eBay
  3. Promotional Offers under the All Selling tab in My eBay

I'm hoping that these'll be sufficient enough for members to know whether or not they can participate.

~Kalvin

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

bargainhunteram
(14 )
View Listings
Community Member
New business policies for shipping have created serious problems since late last week.

I've spent an incredibly frustrating and non-productive few days with 3 customer services reps and a supervisor who were not only unable to assist me, but made unfulfilled promises as to how they would resolve my problems. I am in the process of trying to see if my issue has finally been rectified. However, I'd like to know for the future, if there is any way of ensuring that I speak to customer service staff that are knowledgeable and qualified to help Canadian sellers, rather than being forced to deal with the ineptness that I have encountered to date.
Message 12 of 27
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

Hi Kalvin - This is a bit of a follow-up to last week, and while I realize I may be the only one reporting this, I thought I'd mention it here in the event other sellers may be seeing the same problem but not mentioning it.  

The "Discount" button on my Dashboard still takes me to a page that says "No Discount" (rather than 20%), and shows my status as "Standard" rather than the current TRS status.  This change only happened about 10 days ago.  My TRS status page is unchanged, and I seem to have been credited with the discount on the Sept. bill.  However, I'm concerned about the discrepancy affecting future billings.  If you're able to take  a look at this issue, I'd be grateful.  I have a feeling that when the rest of my Dashboard went awry, whatever re-programming was going on at eBay affected the "Discount" button link too.  

I have no idea why I seem to be the only one noting this issue, but I've eliminated browsers as the problem.  Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.  

You dropped me a note shortly after saying some things were fixed. I know that there were other eBay accounts experiencing weird issues with their accounts from other sites like eBay.com.au. Hoping a fix will happen soon as miraculously as the last one did. From what I can recall, your Account button had issues as well, but that looks to have rectified itself now.

More importantly, if you're eligible for the 20% discount & it doesn't appear on your invoice, we'll take a closer look at it to make sure that's corrected. Keep me on the loop on this!

~Kalvin

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

I have encountered an interesting issue in using bulk edit.

For example, I select 3 items to bulk edit. The listings appear in bulk edit spreadsheet like table with a message at the top saying "Edit Listings - 3 Listings".  I realize I did not want one listings to edit so I check it off and use "Action - Remove Listing", confirm removal and it is removed from the spreadsheet table. The top has a message "Edit Listings -  Listings" and 1 listing removed. So far so good.

Now I select all and choose to change something, for example, handling time from 1 to 2 days. The edit runs displaying a progress message saying it is editing 3 listings. When finished, it shows at the top "Edit Listings - 2 Listings" and "2listings updated, 1listing did not update."

In the past if I recall correctly, once you removed listings, the count was reduced and all messages reflected the new count. The current way is confusing because it appears that something did not edit. Easy to see with 3 listings but not if it is 20 or 30 listings. It does not give confidence that the bulk edit is working. I had to cancel bulk edit a few times because I was not sure what listings were being edited. I then had to carefully select the listings I wanted to edit to make sure I did not need to use remove listings in bulk edit.

Bulk editing can be dangerous so the current messages do not inspire confidence that the bulk edit I wanted to do worked.

PS I just went through the above example to see if it still happens. It did.  I did this on eBay.ca but it happens on eBay.com if I recall correctly.

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

@bargainhunteram wrote:
bargainhunteram
(14 )
View Listings
Community Member
New business policies for shipping have created serious problems since late last week.

I've spent an incredibly frustrating and non-productive few days with 3 customer services reps and a supervisor who were not only unable to assist me, but made unfulfilled promises as to how they would resolve my problems. I am in the process of trying to see if my issue has finally been rectified. However, I'd like to know for the future, if there is any way of ensuring that I speak to customer service staff that are knowledgeable and qualified to help Canadian sellers, rather than being forced to deal with the ineptness that I have encountered to date.

Hi bargainhunteram,

Sorry to hear about that - the goal is to provide the best support possible for our members, but in the events when we've fallen short, please send me an email so we can see to it that your issues are addressed accordingly. Though I can't promise that a resolve will always be in your favour, we'll definitely do what we can to make sure that we have efficient communications and follow through as best as we can.

Thanks,

~Kalvin

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 15 of 27
latest reply

Hmmm, I checked my email account and can see the sent emails on Sep 4. I see no replies and they are not in junk email. It is a Hotmail account so I wonder if their spam filter is blocking your replies? Send me a test message when you can and I will reply.

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

For example, I select 3 items to bulk edit. The listings appear in bulk edit spreadsheet like table with a message at the top saying "Edit Listings - 3 Listings".  I realize I did not want one listings to edit so I check it off and use "Action - Remove Listing", confirm removal and it is removed from the spreadsheet table. The top has a message "Edit Listings -  Listings" and 1 listing removed. So far so good.

Now I select all and choose to change something, for example, handling time from 1 to 2 days. The edit runs displaying a progress message saying it is editing 3 listings. When finished, it shows at the top "Edit Listings - 2 Listings" and "2listings updated, 1listing did not update."

In the past if I recall correctly, once you removed listings, the count was reduced and all messages reflected the new count. The current way is confusing because it appears that something did not edit. Easy to see with 3 listings but not if it is 20 or 30 listings. It does not give confidence that the bulk edit is working. I had to cancel bulk edit a few times because I was not sure what listings were being edited. I then had to carefully select the listings I wanted to edit to make sure I did not need to use remove listings in bulk edit.

Bulk editing can be dangerous so the current messages do not inspire confidence that the bulk edit I wanted to do worked.

PS I just went through the above example to see if it still happens. It did.  I did this on eBay.ca but it happens on eBay.com if I recall correctly.

Thanks for the granularity on this one, much appreciated. We'll investigate on our end & see what we can find. (Mind replying to my email just to make sure you get it please? :)) 

~Kalvin

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

kalvin@ebay.com wrote:

@pocomocomputing wrote:

For example, I select 3 items to bulk edit. The listings appear in bulk edit spreadsheet like table with a message at the top saying "Edit Listings - 3 Listings".  I realize I did not want one listings to edit so I check it off and use "Action - Remove Listing", confirm removal and it is removed from the spreadsheet table. The top has a message "Edit Listings - 2 Listings" and 1 listing removed. So far so good.

Now I select all and choose to change something, for example, handling time from 1 to 2 days. The edit runs displaying a progress message saying it is editing 3 listings. When finished, it shows at the top "Edit Listings - 2 Listings" and "2 listings updated, 1 listing did not update."

Thanks for the granularity on this one, much appreciated. We'll investigate on our end & see what we can find. (Mind replying to my email just to make sure you get it please? :)) 

I noticed some typos I made posting the messages displayed and corrected them. See bold and underlined text.

Message 18 of 27
latest reply

One last question, to whichever of you gentlemen can respond.  

It's not clear to me what eBay's policy is concerning "negative" positive feedback by buyers, or in fact if there is any rule that applies.  I had one of these instances occur recently as a result of a buyer's error, who apparently felt it necessary to post a remark anyway.  I was curious to know if this sort of thing will be removed by eBay on request by a seller.  

If it's a matter of shades of gray, it's not really worth my while attempting to explain the situation to the Customer Service, and I'll just be resigned to accepting the comment as it is and the lower DSRs that unfortunately came with it.  

Message 19 of 27
latest reply

kalvin, if you have recently sent me an email, I have not received anything. Not in junk mail folder either.

Message 20 of 27
latest reply