Shipping Calculator / Research Rates not working for USA Buyers

omg1234evan
Community Member

All of my U.S.A buyers are emailing me about shipping because the shipping calculator doesn't work however for canadians it does. There is only 4 hours left on my items and I can't edit my dimensions to fix the cost, will I have to cancel the listings? Is that even possible?

PLEASE HOW DO I FIX THIS?!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

If you have a bid on the listing you can't edit the shipping cost. I would just let the auctions run their course and then you send an invoice with the correct shipping amount to the winner of each auction.

The listings that don't have the U.S. shipping price showing properly is probably because the dimensions you are using are too small for xpresspost USA. Why are you using such an expensive service? Since you are using lettermail within Canada you should be able to use light packet to the U.S. It has the same dimension requirements as lettermail.

If you go to the following link you will find prices for light packet US on page 24.

http://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/prices/CPprices-e.pdf

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

omg1234evan
Community Member

Okay thank you so much. I honestly didn't really know what I was doing for the American shipping 😞

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

bogart_cookie
Community Member

Hi PJ, I was wondering if you could help. I have not sold on Ebay for quite a while and just started to again. I am finding that the shipping calculator estimates are way higher then the actual cost would be for small packet International to U.S. Even domestic seem higher then actual cost would be.

I put in my Custom Weight and dimensions. Does this shipping calculator always calculate high these days?

I don't want my customer to feel ripped off for shipping.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Hi bogart-cookie,

I just saw your post but I can't answer right now (I need sleep). If someone else hasn't helped you when I read the board tomorrow I will have a look at your listings and see what it says for shipping.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

You ended your two auctions early. I checked the listings and the shipping costs seem to working okay.

What was the weight that you used in the listings? It seems to be in the 251-500 gram class.

Perhaps you have been away from ebay too long. Shipping cost have gone up a lot in the past five years.

Be sure to use PayPal shipping labels. You get a 14% discount for Tracked Packet and 18% discount for Expedited Parcel. No discount for Smal Packet or Light Packet.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

In January 2013, Canada Post eliminated Small Packet Surface to the USA so this lower priced service might be what you remember for prices. Only Small Packet USA Air is available. For Small Packet International, both Air and Surface exists. Insurance was also discontinued for Small Packet.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply