Shipping cost stated as $17.12 now they want min $60

I won an item shipping cost stated $17.12 paid instantly via paypal one week ago. Seller never collected paypal funs.

Sent me an email saying canada post $60 canpar $108  and UPS $120 now wants me to choose and pay the difference.

I have copied the listing page and sent it to seller. It clearly states $17.12 regular shipping Canada. What do I do now?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You do not have to pay the difference. You have the pay the cost of the item plus whatever shipping cost was initially posted.

You can either tell the seller to refund the payment, or demand that the seller ships it at the cost stated. It is against the rules for the seller to charge you the difference after the fact.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Tell the seller that the increase in the shipping puts the item above your budget and ask for a Mutual Cancellation.

With the introduction of the Global Shipping Program for US sellers, many Canadians are finding that shipping has increased hugely, but at least those charges are stated before the bid is finalized. Theoretically, anyway.

If the seller refuses to open the MC, he can go for an Unpaid Item Dispute. If you have one of these a year, it should not affect you in any way, even if you lose. More than that and you will find a lot of sellers blocking your bids.

But what you describe sounds like an old scam. Refuse to pay the inflated charge.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply