Shipping non french packaging to Canadian Residence from USA

ca.david
Community Member

I tried to buy an electronic cable on line not available in Canada from three different locations.  Some orders where processed and then cancelled.  All said they currently are not able to ship to Canada.

I called one Company and was told that the Canadian Government does not permit non French packaging to be sent to Canada.  Is this true?  I could accept the policy if I was importing for sale but when it is a part needed for personal use I am upset.  How is this policy benefit free trade if you can purchase an item but not order parts because the company does not have them package in French.

Sending French, German, Japanese or English packaging would all be a waste of material.  All I want to do is get the part opened and use it.  A used brown paper lunch bag would work for me.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

No such policy for individual sales.

Were these ebay sellers.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

These were not eBay Sellers.   It was Radio Shack.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I've bought from many U.S. companies that don't have French and English on the packaging.  I am guessing that Radio Shack will not ship to Canada because there is a Radio Shack related company already here..The Source.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply