Shipping to Another Country

Hello ebay,

I was wondering about how shipping works for your site. I intend to buy a product for a family member in Vietnam but rather than having it shipped to my own home, I was wondering if it was possible to have it shipped directly to my family member in Vietnam. If this is possible, please inform me how to do so and how much it would be in terms of cost. I have already spoken to the seller of the item I wish to buy but they informed me that while they would be willing to ship to Vietnam it is a problem I would have to consult with ebay first.

I thank you for your time to read this message and would appreciate a reply ASAP as I have not reserved the item that I wish to buy.

Thank you,

Sincerely, Cindy

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

From the point of view of the seller:

We are required to ship to the buyer's address (either on eBay or Paypal and yes there are several reasons they might be different).

If the buyer reports that the item is not delivered withing 45 days, she can get a refund unless the seller can prove DELIVERY to that address.

The buyer cannot add a foreign address to a Paypal account.

Since shipping to Vietnam is likely to be slow, and I suppose that is the reason you would like the more direct shipment from seller to recipient, the seller is in an awkward position.

All in all, it would be best to have the item shipped to you. It will arrive quickly through Canada Post/USPS and you can then repackage and reship it.  You can even add your family's address in Viet for the easy use of the local postal workers.

BONUS: you can inspect the item and be sure it is as described before you send it on to your family.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Femme said : The buyer cannot add a foreign address to a Paypal account.

Correct. But the buyer can add the new address to their ebay account at the time of purchase.

I'm not sure why the seller would tell you to ask ebay about this as it is up to the seller to decide where they will ship and for them to determine the shipping cost.  Perhaps your seller is new and doesn't understand how things work.

Also, this answer board isn't answered by ebay, we are all ebay members, just like you.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply