Shipping using own Canada post account

Hello,

Question to high volume sellers.  I was wondering if it is possible to use your own commercial Canada Post account on eBay or PayPal instead of using theirs?

I do a high volume of shipments and the discount eBay offers is a joke, it used to be 25% and they reduced it to 10%. 

Has anyone done this before? without having to use a third party website or checkout? if not, can anyone recommend an easy to use third party website that works with eBay? I'm only aware of Auctiva.

Thank you in advance

Sam

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

The PayPal shipping discount for Expedited Parcel was 25% and reduced to 18% last April 2013. It is not 10%.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Why not use your own account and print the labels on the canada post website? Of course the the information isn't hooked up to ebay or paypal in any way but you can manually add tracking numbers on ebay once you have printed your labels.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Thank you for your suggestion, the problem is that its time consuming.  Some days I have 50 to 100 shipments to process and you can imagine how much time it would take to manually copy and paste each line of the address for each transaction.

Thank you agian

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

The majority of seller get 10% discount.  In the announcement, it say "up to 18%"  I don't think anyone gets that high of a discount. I already have disussed this with eBay customer service and they confirmed that i receive 10% they said the higher discount is for sellers who do sales in the millions.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

No.

The 18% Paypal discount is on a particular service on shipping labels purchased through Paypal.( I think if is Expedited, but with a ready source of cheap postage stamps I don't use PP shipping much anymore. )

But anybody can play.

I suspect your postal informant was thinking of their commercial accounts when she gave you the incorrect information. Take the time to run a few PP labels and you will see the difference.

Another advantage of the PP shipping labels is that they automatically fill some of the reports you are now filling manually.  And your shipping costs are on your PP records. Tidy.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Nonsense. The discount is the same for all ebay.ca sellers using PayPal shipping. The PayPal discount is 18% for Expedited Parcel, 14% for Tracked Packet and 8% for Xpresspost Canada, 9% for Xpresspost USA and Xpresspost International.

There are no discounts for other services using PayPal.

I have verified the discount comparing to regularly priced over the counter services a few times. The discount stated are the correct percentages.

eBay customer service is not a reliable source of information. They are poorly trained and make numerous mistakes. They were most likely thinking of ebay.com USPS PayPal shipping discount structure.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

The OP may be comparing the percentage of discount based on the small business discount, the first amount when printing a label, rather than comparing it to counter rates.

Ebay customer reps almost always answer questions based on .com. They don't seem aware of any of the differences between .ca and .com so as poco said, the information they gave is not reliable.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I have never compared the over the counter rates to the rates I'm paying PayPal, That would make sense, I guess.  As the discount I see when I print the shipping label only adds up to around 12%, but I guess the original rate has already been discounted.

As for the customer service reps 🙂 don't get me started lol I gave up on calling them.  For over 2 years every time I call, the answers are always based on the .com, and they are clueless about the .ca program. 

I did receive a rate sheet from Canada post commercial accounts today and I must say, based on the volume I do, the rates are much cheaper than I'm paying paypal.  So I think I will continue to search for a reliable solution or a desktop app that can extract the shipping information daily where I can export it to the Canada Post portal to print labels.

I wish eBay can offer us a better shipping rate, with the volume that Canadian sellers do, we should be receiving like a 30% discount.  I have communicated this to eBay numerous times.  I know I could do much more business, if I can offer competitive prices, you can't even sell internationally with the insane prices Canada post offers. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply