Shipping was twice the max it allowed me using .com from Canada

Im pretty bummed out,

I Listed a Black Nintendo WII-U Gamepad & when I was setting up the shipping it was "reversed" thinking
I was in the US when I am in Canada.

When setting up Shipping it only let me set a max shipping of $10 when In reality the actual was $19

The issue happened because I was browsing ebay.com when I listed a item, the top (first) shipping was USA while the bottom (optional) International was Canada. I tried 3 times to fix it to International Shipping to USA and Standard Shipping to Canada but it would not let me and within miunutes the item sold, scoring the buyer with $10 shipping to PEN, PA USA from Canada!

Im not sure how even to explain it if you dont understand but it sucks, I was charged $19 + to ship the item, and lost $10 because I wasnt allowed to manually fix it and enter the correct amount I wanted.

I realized after the problem was I used ebay.com , when I need to list an item with ebay.ca since Im in Canada, but this is silly, I just lost $10 of my profits because I couldnt override it...

What was I suppose to do once I hit list the first time I was doomed to loose the $10 if a US resident bought it? I looked and looked for a way to change the zone I was in for shipping but didnt see anything the default shipping was US

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You could have cancelled the listing before it sold and relisted it on .ca

I sell in Media which has the same type of shipping caps, I have not listed on .com since 2009 when the caps started.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

If you had ended the dotCOM listing as soon as you noticed it, you would had been out the 30 cents or so the listing cost.

Not every transaction goes smoothly. Learning experiences are annoying, but at least it was only the cost of a McDonald's lunch.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply