Should/how do I report a seller for charging additional shipping after sale is complete?

A seller had asked me to pay additional shipping charges after the sale was complete. My item, plus shipping as listed, was already paid in full. The charges she requested were double what I had already paid. As I know this is against ebays terms and conditions, I located and linked the portion of rules where it says that this is something you cannot do, in the event she was unaware.

In reply, she sent me an email stating “ebay is the one who calculates the prices when it comes to international and overseas shipping and they are never accurate”, which sounded suspect to me. She goes on to explain that she “has no choice” but to do it this way, because she sees other sellers do it as well. I guess she hasn't head of the shipping calculator? Or GSP? Or maybe this is a regular practice of hers, which is what I am more inclined to think, and it has me worried others will be taken.

Should I report this to ebay and how should I go about it? Had troubles finding a link for this situation.

Alternatively, should I simply leave negative feedback with as detailed info re the issue as I can to warn future buyers? I only leave negatives very rarely and in extreme circumstances.

I told her that if she wasn't willing to uphold her end of the contract that she should refund me. She decided to not honor her end of the contract and I am currently awaiting paypal to complete the refund transaction as it is currently on hold for a few days (so it's not like I can file an item not rcvd/as described claim at this point.)

Advice would be appreciated. Let me know if more info is required, thank you.

I apologize if there is a double post, seems my first one got eaten!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Should/how do I report a seller for charging additional shipping after sale is complete?

No one has any experience or advice for this situation?
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@kate_8888 wrote:

A seller had asked me to pay additional shipping charges after the sale was complete. My item, plus shipping as listed, was already paid in full. The charges she requested were double what I had already paid. As I know this is against ebays terms and conditions, I located and linked the portion of rules where it says that this is something you cannot do, in the event she was unaware.

In reply, she sent me an email stating “ebay is the one who calculates the prices when it comes to international and overseas shipping and they are never accurate”, which sounded suspect to me. She goes on to explain that she “has no choice” but to do it this way, because she sees other sellers do it as well. I guess she hasn't head of the shipping calculator? Or GSP? Or maybe this is a regular practice of hers, which is what I am more inclined to think, and it has me worried others will be taken.

Should I report this to ebay and how should I go about it? Had troubles finding a link for this situation.

Alternatively, should I simply leave negative feedback with as detailed info re the issue as I can to warn future buyers? I only leave negatives very rarely and in extreme circumstances.

I told her that if she wasn't willing to uphold her end of the contract that she should refund me. She decided to not honor her end of the contract and I am currently awaiting paypal to complete the refund transaction as it is currently on hold for a few days (so it's not like I can file an item not rcvd/as described claim at this point.)

Advice would be appreciated. Let me know if more info is required, thank you.

I apologize if there is a double post, seems my first one got eaten!

Hi kate_8888,

Please drop me an email with the item number so we can look into this for you.

Thanks,

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

hi , the seller cannot charge more without your o.k. , if the seller is USA then they may not actually understand shipping to canada , and the GSP is a complete screw up . you are away ahead to ask for a shipping quote by USPS , cheaper , and no exorbitant "broker fees " . UPS and FEDEX charge taxes and brokers fees , FEDEX will surprise you with a request for extra money a few days later .one of them won't take a cheque or anything but cash , and then charges an  extra "cash transaction fee ! " run away from any UPS, FEDEX, PUROLATOR seller ,also anybody charging " international calculated shipping " as the price is the same anywhere   worldwide , and USPS to canada is cheap .

Message 4 of 4
latest reply