Slow poke auctions

kpamber
Community Member
Okay, I sell jewelry and weathered the summer, and had expected a turn around for Christmas sales. Nada, at least not yet. The only items that take bids seem to be filigree rings, or absolute giveaways.
I am having a hard time deciding what to list, but I'm not putting any of my really nice things on because I'm afraid of the nasty price I'll get. Then I wonder if I should, because at least they'll take bids. Any opinions on whether this might turn around?
I know that donnat (an American seller) is still listing bigtime because she has a huge stock of inventory sitting...but she is losing money just on her ebay fees monthly...
Is the ebay heyday over?
Karen
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Slow poke auctions

kpamber
Community Member
Make that donnats, if you want to check the auctions...
k
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Slow poke auctions

coastwindchimes
Community Member
I think this must be rock bottom, and it can only get better. I've noted my counts going up in the past couple of days, so at least more people are looking. It's been tough, though, that's for sure... there was that listing that always went in the past for $45-90, but which got a nice fat $6(!)... oh, things have to get better.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Slow poke auctions

jaymor8
Community Member
Bite your tongue K - it has to turn around. Could it possibly be because the market is flooded? I know a few big sellers that I'd like to see drop off the face of the earth because the stuff they sell is pure junk. Then the buyers think that ALL jewelry items are junk and they just won't pay the prices.

Then there are the shipping gaugers. That's enough to scare off a potential buyer. Anyone who insists that it costs them $24 to ship to either Canada or the US is full of it. I know what it costs to ship - I do it all the time. I also have been on the receiving end of things and I have gotten packages from the states with an 87 cent stamp on it. So, let's get real here.

Oh I'm just whining because my sales are painfully slow and it's hard to take. I don't even get the emails anymore asking questions. It used to be I would get about 10 a day with one question or another. Now, it's dead. What to do, what to do!!!

Jackie...
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Slow poke auctions

treasure-pot
Community Member
They are coming back... I had my best weekend ever and I have definitely seen a dramatic upsurge in sales in the last few days so hang in there!!!! Any day now all hell will break loose for both of you.

Cheers!

Bill

Bill

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Slow poke auctions

jaymor8
Community Member
Thanks for that Bill!!

Jackie...
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Slow poke auctions

thebidwatcher
Community Member
Have you guys seen a group called "Grow Your Power Seller Business"? I don't usually go for this rah rah rah hype but this is very interesting stuff. Anyone can join and just read the threads or contribute. It is run by an ad agency/marketing group who also happen to be huge eBay sellers.

One of the threads deals with slumps. I found it to be pretty interesting. Check it out.

Lisa
Message 7 of 7
latest reply