:Sorry, the seller is not accepting bids or offers from you at

When I click on Buy now it responds :Sorry, the seller is not accepting bids or offers from you at this time. When I asked why, the response was "We blocked you, we do not want you to buy from us." What's up with this? .I never had that response before. .My feedback score is 100%. ???

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

All buyers have 100% feedback. Seller cannot leave negative feedback and have not been able to for some years.

Why are you Blocked?

Have you ever refused or forgotten to pay for something? There may be Unpaid Item Strikes against your account. Most sellers have automatic Blocks against deadbeats.

Have you ever dealt with this seller before? The seller may have found the transaction uncomfortable. Remember some sellers have multiple accounts. If he blocked you on one account, he probably Blocked you on all his accounts.

Are you in Canada? Some sellers (usually US, but also UK) do not sell to Canada.

Have you left negative or neutral FB for a seller, or for many sellers? Many sellers will Block bidders who seem to be perennially unhappy.

Have you retracted bids? These show on your FB page. Again, some sellers can't be bothered with bidders who don't take bidding seriously.

Do you have an obnoxious ID? Yours seems fine to me, but I have Blocked a few IDs for potential douchebaggery.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I had the same thing happen to me yesterday with a Seller in Germany. I bought 1 item and paid with no problem and then I noticed a second Auction and tried to buy but got the same message & they were both BIN. I have never bought from this Seller before and I have over 17 Thousand FB & 100 % percent so that should nor be the problem. It sounds like an other E-Bay problem to deal with.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

This could be because the seller made an error in setting up the listing, accidentally making it for domestic sale only. If the two items are similar in dimensions or weight, he probably doesn't know.

Use Contact Seller and ask him what he sees as the problem.

Ask if he could send you a Paypal invoice for the item (you are covered by PP's strong Buyer Protection policy) including the eBay transaction number in the text box and perhaps combining and discounting shipping.

Communication is usually helpful in these cases.

If you can't contact him through the second listing, go to the first, successful purchase and work from there.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I sent them a E-Mail and are aware of the problem. They are working with E-Bay customer service trying to fix the problem which could be a scary thought. I told them that I was in no hurry for the item and just let me know when they get it fixed.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I got that from a China seller,  i bought 5 or 6  items on 2 or 3 weeks times lines,  the first item took more than 6 weeks to arrived, I let a negative feedback and ....

I was immediatly block to buy any other item from this seller....

New way to do business,  buyer let neutral or negative feedback, you block him, problem solve !!!

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Most sellers will automatically add buyers to their BBL if negative or neutral feedback is received.

I know I do. 

I also add members who have an habit of leaving negative or neutral feedback due to delays in postal delivery.

One more name was added to my BBL this morning.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I'VE NEVER LEFT A NEGATIVE REPLY  YET.I NEVER RETRACTED A BID. I ALWAYS PAY AS SOON AS THE AUCTION ENDS.IT MIGHT BE MY LOCATION?

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I CONTACTED THE SELLER AND HIS REPLY WAS THAT THEY BLOCKED ME. WHEN I ASKED HIM WHY HIS ANSWER WAS "BECAUSE".

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@pierrelebel

if you block all buyers you let neutral or negative feedback ,  can you add me to your blocking list please ...

if it is a correct way to do business im pretty sure I dont want to do business with sellers who do that...

🙂

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

"if it is a correct way to do business"

Of course it is.  If a buyer finds it necessary to leave negative feedback instead of allowing me time to correct the problem, I certainly do not want to deal with that buyer again. That is my choice.  That is the way I run my business.

And, I expect a buyer who had a bad experience with a seller would be reluctant to buy from the same seller again.  So "being blocked" works for both buyer and seller.  It is safer than relying on one's memory.

Many sellers, myself included, will also add "potential problem buyers" to their BBL.  Those are buyers who leave negative feedback on a regular basis.

Not all business is worth having.  Over the years I served tens of thousands of satisfied customers.  I do not need those who are easily dissatisfied.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Every neutral and negative you leave a seller counts as a defect against them and can hurt their business and visibility in ebay. In some cases it can also cause them to lose a discount on their ebay fees. If you are unhappy once and they think that the rating was undeserved, do you really they think that they should take a chance that you will be unhappy the next time you buy?

Obviously some sellers do deserve bad feedback but to give one a negative  because the post office took a long time isn't really fair as they cannot control delivery time.  Or if an item hasn't been received and the seller quickly refunds you rather than arguing and forcing you to file a case, then perhaps they don't deserve bad feedback either. Now if you look at their feedback and they have tons of not received comments then perhaps they are not shipping the items at all so that would be a different situation. But you really should be checking for things like that before you buy and it will help save you from having some of those problems.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply