Spring is coming!

Today we had at least a dozen robins flying back and forth in the trees in front of our house!  Later on we spotted 2 cardinals and my neighbour reported seeing some bluejays.

They must have received a group discount on their flight home.  After this winter I have never been so happy to see them back!

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Spring is coming!

I noticed a cardinal the other day and a robin but I'm not sure if they just arrived or if they have been frozen on the tree since December.

I go by our horses coats and they are just starting to ball up which means they're getting ready to shed. Then I'll believe spring is here.

1.jpg

Photobucket
Message 2 of 35
latest reply

Spring is coming!

So true, eh?

Well, I didn't see the birds around today when it started to get nasty out.  Maybe they took the first flight back to Florida!

Message 3 of 35
latest reply

Spring is coming!

no birds in alberta,just another blizzard,but guess it is snowing all across canada today.happy spring.
Message 4 of 35
latest reply

Spring is coming!

Sun Shining in my part of Sask. Minus 26 this morning. Crows and geese are back....poor things.

Message 5 of 35
latest reply

Spring is coming!

Cleaning up the yard here in the suburbs of Vancouver. I late to start gardening. This year we had two "snowstorms" with a few cms of snow. It took almost a week for it to disappear completely. Been clear for weeks now.

Just so you know I lived in Montreal area for years and know about snow and hard winters and shovelling snow only to have a city plow fill in the end of a driveway with snow that weighs more than all that you shovelled. I do not miss snow at all. The things I miss are real smoked meat sandwiches and Lafleur's hot dogs.
Message 6 of 35
latest reply

Spring is coming!

Wiarton Willie, the King of the Groundhogs was found dead from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound after predicting an early spring.

He was a lying little bugger anyway!

!cid_2C6C4700AC5E44BC91B96F9498CDB288@DougGoldingPC.jpg
"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Unknown
Message 7 of 35
latest reply

Spring is coming!

Looks like a Colt 44cal Cobra. He must have missed and died from the shock, because if he was accurate, there wouldn't be much left.

Photobucket
Message 8 of 35
latest reply

Spring is coming!

Message 9 of 35
latest reply

Spring is coming!

For the past 3 or 4 days there has been a cardinal in our neighbour's yard.  The neighbour has a shed that sits about 1 to 2 feet from the fence.  The cardinal perches on the fence and keeps flying at the shed window, hitting the glass and flying back to the fence.  It does this over and over again for the longest time every day.

I am sure the cardinal sees its own reflection in the glass.

Message 10 of 35
latest reply

Spring is coming!

It has been snowing here since Tuesday evening. Spring is coming??

Message 11 of 35
latest reply

Spring is coming!

At least the birds think so!

It started snowing here again this afternoon.  Yuk.

Message 12 of 35
latest reply

Spring is coming!

A local nursery recently posted on their sign:

"Welcome to spring!

...........lol.................."

Message 13 of 35
latest reply

Spring is coming!

Winter will follow Spring a few weeks later grin_zps1234882d.gif

Message 14 of 35
latest reply

Spring is coming!

Spring in Ontario

1978898_10203600871963597_1895682745_n.jpg

Message 15 of 35
latest reply

Spring is coming!

Yikes!

Sauble is about 20 minutes drive from our trailer.  When was this picture taken?

My niece sent me a photo today of her husband shovelling snow from their deck which appeared to have about 4 feet of snow on it.  Looks like we will skiing this summer instead of swimming!

Message 16 of 35
latest reply

Spring is coming!

!cid__com_android_email_attachmentprovider_1_5133_RAW@sec.jpgimage001.jpg

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Unknown
Message 17 of 35
latest reply

Spring is coming!

Tell that to our swans who are anxiously waiting to escape from their winter quarters!

Our city has a Swan Parade every spring, complete with a marching band and scheduled activities.  For the first time that I can remember they postponed the events because there is not enough open water on the river for the swans.

Message 18 of 35
latest reply

Spring is coming!

Yesterday we saw a small flock of snow geese and the day before that a group of 5 blue herons. Spring is definitely here, at last! 🙂
Message 19 of 35
latest reply

Spring is coming!

Is it difficult to train Swans to march in order and formation in a parade  wink_zps708fd8be.gif

Message 20 of 35
latest reply