Standard Delivery imbedded message Delivers 1 Day after post ??

I noticed that under standard delivery seems to be new default message posted by ebay that delivery " 1 day after post" this is a crazy message and misleading to buyers. I do not recall it there before was always 6-8 days before. This is particuarily misleading to US customers the majority of my sales. Anyone know how to change or adjust this ridiculious default message ? For Canada it is OK at least for Eastern zone (where I am located) but why create unrealistic ship time for buyers? I only noticed this change after I read a new buyer leave negative feedback for another seller due to this message. I would be upset to get that negative. Thanks ebay for another brilliantly executed change. Anyone else notice this or have advice on how to correct ?
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I don't know if anyone else also noticed but when you receive a Q4S for an item when you reply to the question eBay takes on a note something along the lines of "You have just sent a question... You should receive a response with in 1-2 days".

I mean we try to respond with in 6-8 hours after receiving a message so I'm not concerned about expectations from our side of things. But how about all those part-time sellers or sellers on vacation from eBay and leave their items up but a vacation note in their store/listings? eBay is certainly setting them up to fail if a buyer expects an answer in 1-2 business days.

Anyway, sorry to hijack the thread. But it's along the same lines of eBay sticking their noses into aspects of people's business/affairs that they have no business doing.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Hi Yes noticed those messages also, as I respond in same time frame, as yourself they concern me a little less. I have noticed them but I try respond twice a day to messages or more often if practical. I am more concerned about incorrect info on the posting information and how to correct it if any one knows let me know.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I have an item I will ship today. It was paid yesterday. I live in Vancouver area, and it is going to Kamloops. Usually it would be there is 2-3 days. The order details now says "estimated delivery Nov. 20th". TODAY! I have the "handling time" set to 2 days, so not sure why it is showing that. If I mail today, Thursday...weekend is coming..they might not get it until Monday. The buyer is new...so who knows what they will think.
I love when eBay does this!
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Yes thats exactly what I am talking about so it is not just me then. This is ridiculous new buyers in the US are going to expect parcel within a of couple days. I find average about 7-8 postal days longer for CA etc I am in Ontario Toronto . Rate 1 out 5 for ebays DSR
Message 5 of 5
latest reply