Stating in October RE: Seller Rating

bare_bright
Community Member
from the seller dashboard it states

"Starting in October, 2010, you'll be able to see details of any Buyer Protection cases, and how they impact your seller ratings. To see how these Resolution Centre cases can affect your standing, see the Buyer Protection cases preview. "

Now in my dashboard I get this Alert, " *
Alerts
o Your Top-rated status is at risk in USA. "

The reason they want to pull the plug on my Top Seller Status is due to so called open Paypal Cases, here is a copy and Paste of 1 out of 3

Buyer closed this case on Jan 15, 2010 because the buyer received the item. Jan 15, 2010 at 12:46 PM
Buyer's note:
"Seller did contact me by phone Jan 14,2010. Item arrived today Jan 15,2010 via U.S.P.S. Look forward to doing business with seller in the future. Thank You, Kim"

NOW IS THIS FAIR PLAY?

Because a over anxious buyer back in January was nuts and filed a case at Paypal & now I stand to lose my status on the next evaluation.

this is not fair play

Been trying to Contact ebay on this issue, But unable to get a link to contact them & Live Chat was down, Geeeeeeez
T.J.
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

And I thought only claims would matter, not disputes.

Nonetheless, I was told by eBay staff that only cases lost by seller would count for performance eval. If the buyer closed the dispute, it means you did not loose it, it did not have to be mediated in the first place because you resolved it among yourselves.

So yes, I agree, this looks like something is still wrong with the process.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

bare_bright
Community Member
And I thought only claims would matter, not disputes.

Nonetheless, I was told by eBay staff that only cases lost by seller would count for performance eval. If the buyer closed the dispute, it means you did not loose it, it did not have to be mediated in the first place because you resolved it among yourselves.

So yes, I agree, this looks like something is still wrong with the process.

Well what ebay staff told you does not seem to be accurate, because the are counting the clain I mentioned above as a Strike, I do hope they Change it, since a few times you get a crazy buyer lol,

once a person filled a claim 3 or 4 days after I shipped, I know now a buyer would not be able to till a certain time period has elasped,

but I do not think it's fair at all to use old data from Paypal when the program starts, since 12 months ago the rules for filling a claim were different

so now I stand to loose my TOP RATED STATUS

Plain and simply it's not right
T.J.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

"I was told by eBay staff that only cases lost by seller would count for performance eval. "

Whoever told you that was wrong.

All eBay disputes opened by buyers count, whether solved or not altough they carry different negative values. PayPal disputes are counted when escalated to a claim (whether solved or not)

Check your Seller Dashboard for details:

Opened cases 0.50% 2

Closed cases without seller resolution 0.30% 2
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

DEFINITIONS

Opened cases: Cases your buyers opened in the eBay or PayPal Resolution Center that pass checks for buyer abuse or fraud. PayPal disputes are not counted until they are escalated from a dispute to a case.

Closed cases without seller resolution: Cases closed without the seller's response or resolution. Cases found in the seller's favor or appealed successfully by the seller are not included.

Sellers are allowed a maximum 0.50% opened cases (that works out to one on 200 transactions) and 0.30% closed cases (that works out to one in 333 transactions).

In addition to the percentage above, a minimum of 3 cases is required to lose TRS status.

eBay has not yet defined to my satisfaction how they would count a claim for multiple purchases in the same PayPal transaction.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Sure, whatever you say Pierre. You seem to have all the answers.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I might have been lucky, but comparing to the customer support I received few days ago with customer support I received year ago is day and night. Surprisingly, I got a live phone agent under 5 minutes. I started doing something with headset on my head while expecting to wait at least 30 minutes.

Anyway, eBay does not exactly advertise this, but I get the hunch they are as vigilant against low quality buyers as they are against low quality sellers. The agent made several suggestions on how to resolve my problem with customer (who provided wrong address and has been pestering me with dozens emails for last week). He said to tell the customer that he is welcome to open the eBay dispute, which he is going to loose and it would not count against me.

Perhaps he was wrong. But he is the one with authority to override the rules to make himself right.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply