Steven Harper

Am i understanding this correct that Harper basically wants to make our health care like the US ... so our women can have babies in ally ways and bath tubs because they do not have 30k to have a baby and put it in ICU for 2 days ...

If I understand this correctly i will run to the polls next year ....

what a

Someone correct me if I am misunderstanding what he wants to do ..

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Steven Harper

O wait i did misunderstand .. He want to cut 60,000 nurses jobs and 15,000 doctors jobs across Canada ...

I already live in an area where i have to travel 2 hrs for a broken finger and 7 hrs if it is serious so how much can you really take away from that ...

Please everyone vote against this idiot

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Steven Harper

So how many of these 2 hour and 7 hour trips do you make a year.??

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Steven Harper

I imagine people with little kids and people over 70 will be making a lot more of those trips than everyone else on average. 

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Steven Harper

Its obvious that  this thread has no understanding of federal and provincial responsibilities.  Harper can not cut nursing positions because each province takes care of its own health care system.  The standards are set by a Federal NIH so each province must adhere to the federal guidelines but that has nothing to do with nursing hires or doctors.  This is a fine example of the loony left in Canada who believe if you say it often enough and click your heels together three times and chant there's no place like home,  no place like home it will be true.  I heard Harper sacrifices goats in his basement to the god Loki Heddi Fry told me that she's a liberal so it must be true only Harper lies!

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Steven Harper

I think people have an acute understanding of federal and provincial responsibilities. One of the understandings I have is the federal government gives money to each province and Ontario for one isn't getting enough. The other understanding we have is the federal government is shrugging its responsibilities to the people of Canada when it comes to health care while the "Harper government" is wasting so much money elsewhere. What is more important than the health of your people?

Also Harper stated years ago that he believed the Canada Health Act was abolished and I believe that is his aim especially with the money allotted to provinces coming up in 2015 and we'll all have to wait to see what he does. Personally, I wouldn't trust him as far as I can spit.

Now, all that being said, the Ontario Liberals are one massive disaster, but it is not time for Harper to play politics with the lives of people and there is no reason, absolutely none, that he could not help healthcare in Ontario and it would put a huge feather in his cap at the same time. But Harper, he will never do that because the only person he cares about, is himself.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Steven Harper

It's not just some on this thread Bart. A good number out there couldn't tell you who their MP or MPP is. Hopefully a good number of them don't even cast votes.

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Unknown
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Steven Harper

O kpeople I worded it all wrong ... Want to make 32 billion in cuts to healthcare which could possible mean that many cuts in jobs ... I am not the most Grammatically correct person out there but this is what I meant when I posted this thread ...

What Harper wants to do with our heatlh care is disgusting ...

I make maybe 10 2 hrs trips a year and 1 to 0 7hrs trips a year but some people who are fortunate do not understand the issue ..

When I was 26 I sat in a hospital in Sudbury for 23 hrs with 3 broken ribs and a broken arm with no pain pills no doctor in site.. How do you take away from that ...

In that same hospital a Man that had a heart attack died waiting to get looked at ..

My good friend and his wife has to move away from the area because his wife has serious health issue and when suffereed a stroke it ook 32 hrs to get from the waiting room to a room and see a doctor...

My gramma whom died in hospital well in extreme pain ( Screaming her head off)  Were talking about a world war 2 vet not a whininy baby .. Had to be driven in the back of   car for 7 hrs only to wait to see a doctor for another 11 hrs and dies 4 hrs later..

When I dislocated my shoulder and tore  something something ( sorry Can't remember) I had to fly to Toronto then take a bus ride back all doped up after a surgery .. Then I had to go for a check up Which lasted 5 minutes .. I had to fly there ..Flight back cancelled due to snow storm.. So I sat at bus station for 12hrs to get on a bus then it was delayed 4 hrs in oriilia so when I got to northbay My connecting bus had already left so I had to for to the North bay airport hop on a plain from Northbay to subdury then Sudbury to Timmins and drive home from Timmins to Kirkland lake all for a 5 minute Literally 5 minute check up ...

MAybe those fortunate enough to live where they live don't mind or don't realize how hard is it for others but what I go through is just a drop i the bucket to some horror stories of situations like this ...

So to me cutting anything from our healthcare is absurd  and I would rather a pot smoking stripper run this country then have healtcare get worse ..

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Steven Harper

O ya the whole Check up story was 36 hrs of travelling 2 plaines 4 cabs and a bus which was 36 hrs straight no sleep just for a 5 minutes check up ..

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Steven Harper

All nothing to do with the Feds. Healthcare a Provincial responsibility.

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Unknown
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Steven Harper

Valve wrote. - "All nothing to do with the Feds. Healthcare a Provincial responsibility."

Partial healthcare funding from the federal to the provinces is a Canadian law, not something Harper can change as he sees fit.

"In a stark example of policy choices that do not benefit Ontarians, recently the federal Conservatives said they could spend in excess of $100 billion on warships and will again cut corporate taxes, while standing firm on removing $8.2 billion in health care funding for Ontarians by 2023."

http://cupe.ca/health-care/harper-cuts-82-billion-ontario-health

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Steven Harper

When did Paul Martin get a cabinet position with the Conservatives? I must have missed the press release...

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Steven Harper

Misuse of healthcare funds like everthing else the Libs touched has more to do with shortfalls than anything else.

Pierre, are you clear of the Moria river flooding? 

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Steven Harper

Thank you valve for your interest.  The flooding is about 5 to 10 miles north of Belleville (Corbyville and Foxboro).

Our house is built near the top of a hill overlooking the Moira river.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Steven Harper

Yeah, but you said healthcare has nothing to do with the federal government when there is. Its one of our biggest spending how can it be only provincial?.
Message 15 of 16
latest reply

Steven Harper

"On December 12, 1983, the Canada Health Act was introduced by the Liberal government, under Trudeau, spearheaded by then Minister of Health Monique Bégin. As she noted, the government decided not to expand coverage (e.g., to mental health and public health), but instead to incorporate much of the language from the HIDS and Medical Care Acts. The Canada Health Act was passed unanimously by Parliament in 1984, and received Royal Assent on 1 April."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_Health_Act

Message 16 of 16
latest reply