Suggestion to eBay about feedback

Perhaps a buyer's fb should be counted per transaction instead of per item. If same buyer leaves several negatives, it might count as one transaction gone wrong.
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

"it might count as one transaction gone wrong"

It is - in both the feedback rating and feedback percentage. .
Quality stamps from Canada, British Commonwealth and Worldwide at Wholesale Prices
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/feedback/feedback-scores.html

"However, members can affect each other's Feedback Score by only one point per week. Each member may affect your score by one point per transaction. However, to make sure that repeat Feedback is calculated in the Feedback Score, each transaction the member is leaving Feedback for must end in a separate week." .
Quality stamps from Canada, British Commonwealth and Worldwide at Wholesale Prices
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Maybe Ebay should admit they screwed up and put the feedback system back the way it was before they destroyed what Ebay was.
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

It is - in both the feedback rating and feedback percentage.

Perhaps in the percentage, but the number of negative feedbacks shows per item.
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

"but the number of negative feedbacks shows per item. "

... but only ONE is calculated in your feedback rating of 939. It would have been 940 if the three negs had not been posted. .
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

kpwood2003
Community Member
If sellers can't leave honest feedback, we shouldn't be able to leave feedback at all. eBay should just remove feedback for buyers or allow us to honestly rate our buyers.
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Pierre, what I am suggesting is to show only 1 increment in those red numbers indicating number of negatives received.

If sellers can't leave honest feedback, we shouldn't be able to leave feedback at all.

kpwood2003, even if sellers were able to leave the negative feedback, this would not pose any restrictions on the buyer's ability to purchase. It was only possible to block buyers with feedback less than 0. I suspect most of sellers here do not agree with me, but with the current state of eBay blocking options I do not see any practical reason to leave negative for buyer.

There is much stronger tool than blocking the buyer: if a seller encounters a problem buyer, he/she can complain here in this group and hundreds of us will block this person, making it harder for him to to shop on eBay Canada.
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

"what I am suggesting is to show only 1 increment in those red numbers indicating number of negatives received."

Then, in fairness, eBay would only show 1 positive feedback instead of many in most cases where the buyer is satisfied with multiple purchases.

For example, you have received 1960 feedback so far while your rating id 940. .
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Yes, Pierre, that's the suggestion.
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

-------------------------------------------------
Maybe Ebay should admit they screwed up and put the feedback system back the way it was before they destroyed what Ebay was.
--------------------------------------------------

Agreed. People used to communicate now they just post negs cause its way too easy. One wrong move now and I get crucified immediately. There's definitely a change in the air regarding the 'upper hand on posting negs'.
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

faerywishes
Community Member
flyingeagle88
The 1 neutral you got is not going to effect your score or your ability to sell. Most of us get them. I have 47 that were unjust. 30 of them recently from someone I blocked and that's why I got the neutrals. I thought I was done in here. But I'm not, and my sales are really good since so it hasn't effected me at all really. I don't like to see the number but you gotta get over it. You have one. Reply to it and carry on. You gotta work with what Ebay gives you to work with or leave. Where else though can you go and get the traffic we do in here. A smart buyer will see right through the wrong feed back and still bid or buy. It just teaches us to check the sellers out more before we do.

Why focus on 1 neutral. With the amount of traffic we get in here there has to be a few buyers that are a brick short of a load. You just happened to sell to 1.

Hope you have a great week and put this behind you 😄
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

lina-mallows
Community Member
If as a seller, most of your items are BUY IT NOW- what value is a BUYER RATING SYSTEM?
Your opportunity, as a seller, to block an unwanted bidder is ZERO, beyond the mechanisms eBay provides.
With BUY IT NOW, you sort of take what ever buyer comes along, and hope for the best.

eBay IS NOT educating BUYERS- who are often woefully misled by the degree of SATISFACTION FOUR STARS represents. And, we as sellers CANNOT address these issues adequately- no matter how hard we try.

HOWEVER- at the end of the day, we as sellers, have absolutely NO CONTROL over what feedback and DSR's may, or may not, be left. You can suggest FIVE STAR SERVICE all you want- and still run into BUYERS who have NO CLUE!!! what you are talking about!

Having RAISED our domestic shipping by 50%, and our international shipping by 33%- we are enjoying the HIGHEST monthly shipping handling DSR ever of 4.97 !

Anyone think we can get to a FULL 5 if we raise our shipping rates again?
Message 13 of 13
latest reply