THis is insane. I ordered an item on Nov. 27th. It never came.

germs-can
Community Member

now the seller wants me to remove my feedback about it not receiving it before they send me a refund!!!!  This is coercion.  I will never order anything from ebay again.  why are they able to do this.  And I can't find any email address to contact ebay itself ...just a lot of gobblegook of information I don't need about not receiving an item....I am so disappointed.  I will stick to Amazon.  AND I don't care if ebay deletes this...

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

There is a system for Buyer Protection. Unfortunately you did not use it.

First you contact the seller usually after 20 to 30 days depending on the seller's location. If that is not productive (expect either a Delivery Confirmation number or your refund) then you go to the Resolution Centre up in the top right corner .

Its called Customer Support.

Open an Item Not Received claim. If the seller cannot prove that you have recieved the item then he must refund your entire payment or Paypal will do it and go after him for the money.

Neither you nor he would be able to leave feedback, but there would now be a notation on the seller's account. Sellers are monitored for good behaviour.

You have only 45 days for this, however. Too late.

So.

Go to the credit card you used to actually pay. (Paypal is the method of paying without giving your financial information to strangers.) There is a 1-800 number. Ask the Customer Service clerk about a chargeback for non-delivery.

But do this immediately. while cards have a longer deadline than PP, they do have deadlines and you are over 60 days.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

BTW, don't remove the feedback unless the seller actually does make the refund. He is at fault here. If you remove it, you will never hear from him again.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Open an Item Not Received claim. If the seller cannot prove that you have recieved the item then he must refund your entire payment or Paypal will do it and go after him for the money.

Neither you nor he would be able to leave feedback, but there would now be a notation on the seller's account. Sellers are monitored for good behaviour.

Is this something new? In the past feedback could be left after a buyer had been refunded for an inr.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Feedback canbe left only if the seller voluntarily refunds before the claim is escalated.  I think femme is referring to PayPal making the refund.  Once they do that, there is no option to leave feedback. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

hmmm....I thought that was true only if the seller won the claim. Perhaps I'm confused.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

i put negative feedback on my seller but ebay removed it, i dont know why?

Message 7 of 7
latest reply