The new "My Ebay" summary page.

Maybe I just don't like change.... But I really did like the old "My EBay" a lot better than the new one. Yes I liked the familiarity, but I also found it more functional and a lot quicker to load. To bad I am being forced to "opt in". LOL.
Can someone explain the advantages of the new summary page.
Cheers.
Andrew
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

And please don't quote the FAQ.
I guess I'm looking to find out what other members find more useful in the new version as opposed to the old.
Cheers.
Andrew
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

According to Griff....

We updated My eBay to make the platform compatible for a new project. Without giving too much detail here, we will be opening a section of My eBay to third party developers to provide more tools and features for sellers.

Plus, it was getting tired. It needed a fresh look.

Personally I like it (once customized) but I agree that page loads are slower.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Sorry I sort of misread your OP......

I like the Tabs navigation and the increased ability to customize the layout.

Tabs may not be your cup of tea but most of the net is going that way.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Thanks recped. Actually both posts were helpful.
I believe the summary page may be a little slower to load because the information being downloaded is almost 3 times the size of the old page... In my case it seems anyway.
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

faerywishes
Community Member
I like the look of the new my eBay. I really like the tabs and being able to customize some of the areas by color as well.

I have tried the new my eBay many times but always go back to the old one as page loading is quicker. I guess I am one of the 10% that hasn't converted. I have no problems with the new ones with the exception of load times.

I tried out the new eBay store pages today and really liked what I saw of them. I didn't spend much time researching it though as it doesn't seem to be available in eBay.ca.

Colleen
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

lina-mallows
Community Member
WHERE ARE THE PICTURES ???

Am I missing something- or have the thumbnail images all vanished in the ALL SELLING area?
In both SAFARI, and FIREFOX- I see no images of the items offered.
I find it difficult to see what we are offering at a glance.

On the bidding/buying page the images display properly.
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

WHERE ARE THE PICTURES ???

In the Section Header, top right, edit, the first choice in the dropdown is "customize" (be careful or you won't notice it)

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

lina-mallows
Community Member
recped - THANK YOU !!!!!

You're right- I didn't realize that that was a clickable option.
I can tell at a glance what's missing, and needs to be relisted if I can see the images.
Without the images- I have to connect the dots by reading the test- not a good thing.

Now I have images- thanks again!
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Here's a link to a pretty good guide on customizing the new My eBay.

http://reviews.ebay.com/How-to-use-the-new-My-eBay_W0QQugidZ10000000009469992

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

hockey_card_corner
Community Member
Still using the old "My eBay" and as long as it's available I won't be switching..
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

faerywishes
Community Member
I'm with you on that hockey and I suspect there are still a few of us not wanting to change. The new way is not even as slow as it used to be. I'm not normally so slow to changes but I know where to find things now. The new way confuses me at times, not that that is anything new. 🙂

Colleen
Message 12 of 12
latest reply