The seller for my unpaid item did not mention internstional shipping costs on his ad.

The seller did not mention international shipping costs in his ad and is now asking too much $39 He does not want to split the costs either I do not want to pay the shipping costs because I think shipping costs are too high therefore I do not want this item any longer.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

The seller for my unpaid item did not mention internstional shipping costs on his ad.

The error is yours.

If the seller does not give a firm quote on shipping to Canada, it is your responsibility to contact him BEFORE bidding and get one.

Then you can make an informed decision.

If the seller accepts your bid, you are deemed by eBay (and the seller) to have accepted whatever shipping cost he decides to charge. Remember he will want to ship with Confirmation of Delivery. If he is not in North America, he may also want to use Air Mail, to prevent delay in arrival. (Surface seems cheap but can take two or three months to arrive.)

FWIW, if your seller is using USPS Global Priority shipping to Canada, confirmation of delivery, insurance,  and air mail starts at about $20 and goes up with size and value.

It should always be remembered, the cost of shipping is not related to the value of the shipment, but only to its dimensions , weight and options like speed and tracking.

You can ask the seller for a Mutual Cancellation. While this ends the transaction rapidly, your seller is unlikely to go with it if you have been at all belligerent.

You can refuse to pay. The seller can then open an Unpaid Item Dispute. You will get a Strike for non-payment which will make it harder to bid on eBay in future. (Many, perhaps most sellers have an automatic Block against bidders with Strikes.)

With either the MC or the UID the seller gets his fees, some 20% of the cost of the transaction, back.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

At least one of your items shows that the seller does not ship outside the US. Some sellers do not know how to automatically block bidders outside their ships to area. That is probably what happened to your seller. You are obligated to pay the shipping the seller told you or get an unpaid item strike. If you get the strike, you cannot leave feedback. If you get 2 strikes in a 12 month period, you may find it difficult to buy other items as many sellers automatically block buyers with 2 or more unpaid item strikes in 12 month period.

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply