There is no option on the Sell item page to list in US currency, I can only list in Canadian funds

sdunes
Community Member

I am Canadian seller and I cannot list in US funds, not sure why this has happened about two days ago.  If I relist old listing they will remain in US funds but all new listing do not give me a choose. 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

There is no option on the Sell item page to list in US currency, I can only list in Canadian funds

They've changed it for some reason, I don't know if it is a permanent change or not. If you want to list in U.S. $ you have to use the advanced listing form. You can go to that by clicking on advanced listing tool on the top right of the selling form.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

For a detailed answer to your question, please check post #6 on this thread:

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Board-Hour-Session/April-22nd-2015-Weekly-Board-Hour/m-p/300314#U...

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Hi everyone. Apparently it is a new practice put into place; not being able to list in US funds (I sell on ebay.ca) without having to change it in the drop-down menu, which is not such a big deal BUT when I do this, my default business policies automatically change (payment, shipping, returns) to policies I have not implemented/use i.e 'local pick-up'. I have removed the "local pick-up" policy from the business policies yet it still continues to automatically fill it in under Shipping. Quite frustrating. Lorraine
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I can't think of any reason why they would set it up to change. . If you can, you should mention it to Raphael on the weekly board hour on Wednesday.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Board-Hour-Session/bd-p/23000000073

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I forgot to add that after I change from CAD$ to US$, the page refreshes then I have to re-choose my business policies.
Thank you Pierre for your response/comment. I have been on the phone for the past 2 hours with ebay. I do wish .ca sellers could speak with someone who works at .ca.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Pierre, when is the earliest I can post my question? I've yet to address a problem on the Weekly Hour Board. Lorraine
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I'm not Pierre but the board hour is usually between 1 and 2 p.m. eastern time.  You can probably post 15 minutes or so before  1 p.m.

Sometimes the board will stay open for a few hours and Raphael will answer when he can but we never know for sure if it will be open for an hour or for a few hours.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Thanks so very much. I don't know what made me think you were Pierre. I do apologize.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply