To Import fees!You're so lucky it's just $12! Mine is $50 **bleep**!!!

evone0628
Community Member
it's more expensive than the item that I bought which is just $45!! **bleep** it!! That was my first time and I am so dissapointed with this **bleep**IN site!! when I contacted the seller he is not aware that this is happening. I want to cry for losing $50. **bleep**!
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hello there.  I sure feel for you!  Sorry that your first purchase has ended up to be a negative one.  You really have to watch those sellers using the Global Shipping.  Global Shipping basically makes it  impractical to purchase from sellers using this program.  The import fees jack up the shipping charges to a point where the shipping charges exceeds the purchase price of the item which you have found out.  Most of the time I purchase from sellers that opt out of this program but every once in a while an item comes up that you really want that uses Global Shipping and you can pay it or you might consider contacting the seller to see if they might change their shipping but only before you bid. Many sellers don't seem to be aware that their item is being shipped through Global Shipping which seems to be the case with your seller. When I first started shopping on eBay I was outbid or sniped so many times that I gave up for a while. I finally gave it another try and things did get better. Some purchases are good ones and some not so good.   That's the chance you take shopping on eBay.  Just watch for that dreaded Global Shiipping.  Good Luck!

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Did you read the listing before you bid to see

how much the shipping costs were and if the seller

was using the GSP system.

did it state how it was being shipped.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

$50 total shipping, handling and import fees on a $45 item.

Yes it is high.

It's unlikely that most of that is the GSP though. The Pitney Bowes 'service charge' portion seems to be around $4-$5. Duty is a percentage of the stated value, and is not charged on most items manufactured in the USA (+Chile+Canada+Mexico). And sales tax would be, depending on your province between 5% and 15% of the stated value.

So the GSP part of the shipping and handling would be around $16 to $20- depending on place of manufacture, and your provincial taxes.

The rest? How much did your seller charge for shipping?

Some sellers are still shipping by USPS Global Priority which starts around $20, even though USPS First Class International also covers tracking for parcels up to four pounds and is significantly cheaper.

Since your seller says he was unaware that he had been signed up for the GSP, and I believe him, he probably had the unnecessarily expensive shipping service set up. Then the GSP was added to that.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply