To Shill or not to Shill...

jaymor8
Community Member
Hi Kids....take a good long look at this pathetic attempt to screw unsuspecting buyers...

Check the bid history on this individual...
UserID izmocha

Makes no sense at all!!!!

Jackie...
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

jaymor8
Community Member
Well...I've kept an eye on this bidder and the 2 companies that he's won items from and I cannot for the life of me figure out why ebay doesn't shut em down 😞

Jackie...
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

off_to_uni
Community Member
Hi Jackie,

"I cannot for the life of me figure out why ebay doesn't shut em down :("

The answer is eBay fees. Those sellers keep paying them and that's what eBay is all about.
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

jaymor8
Community Member
James - my husband bid on one of the auctions one night and he got outbid by a $95 bid.....three times. Hubby would lose, then go to the next auction and bid on the same item - same thing would happen. Same bidder each time, too. The name mentioned - has zero feedback but has won many many auctions. It's not fair. Husband really wanted the item, too.

Jackie...
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

rewind_things_from_the_past
Community Member
Shill Bidding is against the rules and also it is illegal.
If ebay finds out you are shill bidding or trying to orchestrate a shill bidding agreement they will definately close your account. I read an article in the paper a few years ago bout a guy who was arrested for bidding up artwork.
Bad idea guys
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

jaymor8
Community Member
Rewind - you do know that it's not my husband doing the shill bidding here, right? I hope my posting wasn't ambiguous.

Jackie...
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

off_to_uni
Community Member
Hi Jackie,

I think most of us would agree that eBay should crack down harder on bad bidders and bad sellers but they won't because they have no incentive. eBay is a business first and foremost and the bottom line is profit so they don't care with what goes on in the madhouse as long as they get their cut and what a nice cut they get! Their profits just keep growing every quarter so they most be thinking if it ain't broke don't fix it. My fiance and I alone paid around $12,000 U.S. in eBay fees in the last 12 months (She has a Silver PowerSeller account as well).
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

off_to_uni
Community Member
P.S. I making hate typos 😛

"so they most be thinking"
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

off_to_uni
Community Member
Gawd damn it! I need some sleep or something... lmao
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
I will be bring this up at a recent meeting with ebay staff . This is total unfair and wrong . We are talkjing about thousands of dollars bid by this person (izmocha) . The link below shows thier bidding pattern. Personally I think emartdepot and izmocha are on ein the same

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws1/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidItems&userid=izmocha&sort=3&page=3&rows=25&completed=1&all=0
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
If the people above understand ebays rules and you are really upset . Both of these companies are breaking 2 rules

Third party logo's ...ebay rules state you can only have 1 third party logo in your auction . They have 2 paypal logo's and two Viturman logo's . Ebay can shut your auctions down for more then one logo from the same company

Also ..of the 1 companies both of the companies has the paypal visa and mastercard and discover card logo's . However the logo are clickable . The fact it's clickable is not wrong . It's the fact that the visa and mastercard and discover card logo's are longer then the ebay rules allow making it one large clickable link . Basically it's an over sized logo that's clickable and this too is against ebay rules

I could go on .....
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

rewind_things_from_the_past
Community Member
Sorry bout my earlier post guys I didnt read theposts only the title. My apologies and great work in uncovering this corruption!
I love it when the bad guys get bUsTeD!
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

jaymor8
Community Member
I am so glad that someone else saw this and finds it as deplorable as I do. Thank you chic - for taking the time to view it and perhaps bring it to someone's attention. I have the sinking and disappointed feeling that ebay won't give a carp as long as they are getting paid :((

Jackie...
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

lina-mallows
Community Member
With eBay now 'shielding bidders' by using X****Y coding-
Is SHILL BIDDING still the problem it once was?
Message 14 of 14
latest reply