Top Rated Seller question

I did a search on top rated seller and found a similar post... but it turned into 6 pages of people complaining about shipping rates...

so. I was a top-rated seller on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday of this week.

does that make sense?

isnt't is supposed to last for a month at least?

On an average month, I'll be a top-rated seller 14 or 15 days out of a regular month.

Seems a bit odd and confusing to me how they calculate it.

And does it affect my search rankings? Not that it's an issue as my items are usually pretty niche...

thanks for the advice/input/sarcastic comments in advance.
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

I was a top-rated seller on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday of this week.

does that make sense?

Anywhere else, no.

on ebay?

Still no.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

"does that make sense? "

YES

Is it possible you checked your listings on eBay.com (where you are a Top Rated Seller) on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday and on eBay.ca the rest of the time (where you are NOT a TRS).

For example, the same listing viewed on eBay,ca and eBay.com: http://cgi.ebay.ca/IBM-x3250-Server-4364-12U-2-93GHz-2x-160GB-hdd-2-5GB_W0QQitemZ150394020150QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCOMP_EN_Servers?hash=item23042ea136 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150394020150&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp1453.m38.l1313%26_nkw%3D150394020150%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

You will notice the TRS logo only shows up on listings when viewed on eBay,com
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

I've never been to ebay.com I've never listed on ebay.com

ebay.ca is where I am every hour of the day.

now why would I not be a TRS on ebay.ca?

it still doesn't make sense. in fact, it's even more curious and bizarre now then ever.
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

There is no TRS program for .ca. The symbol is only visible when one is searching on .com.

Bernie
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

"I've never been to ebay.com"

Then you could NOT have seen the Top Rated Seller logo on your listings.

It is only available at this time on eBay.com (for Canadian and American sellers).
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

By the way, the TRS logo is seen on listings when viewed on eBay.com, regardless of where the item was listed.

You could have listed on eBay.ca and it will be seen on eBay.com if you qualify for TRS. In other words, seeing the TRS logo depends where you view, not where you list.
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

It is possible to see the TRS logo on eBay.ca. You can see them in the recently viewed items. Here is an example:

Probably a glitch that has not been reported yet to eBay...

Come to my store
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Was the recently viewed listing on .ca? or .com?
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

In this example I view it on eBay.ca but it is listed on eBay.com

But it does not make any difference. I have the same result with an item listed on eBay.ca. I will see the TSR logo in the recently viewed.

Come to my store
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

"in the recently viewed"

but not current listings when viewed on eBay.ca. That was the original question.

The two links supplied in post #2 clearly identify the issue.
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Welll...so does it make sense?? I have seen it on my listings that I have posted on ebay motors, but not on my listings posted @ .ca. So, should I list everything @ motors to get the 20% TRS discount as opposed to the .ca PS Bronze 5%??
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Where the TRS logo is shown has nothing to do with the discount earned.
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

I was wondering does anyone know I have been awarded the top seller badge but cannot locate it on any of my listings, when is it suppose to appear so buyers can see it???

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

"I have been awarded the top seller badge"

???

When / how did that happen?  Did you receive a memo from eBay?  What does your "seller dashboard" state (exactly)?

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

Perhaps it takes a day or two to show up. You will only see it on .com. Later this year, they will be showing it on .ca as well.

Message 16 of 16
latest reply