Top Seller Without A Badge - Can't Qualify

I am rated as a Top Seller on USA and UK site.  However, I don't have a badge showing same in USA.  My listings are also buried.

I have been in touch with eBay twice about this and nothing has changed.  First person rambled on without any sense.  The second person was very helpful, but I still did not get the problem solved.

According to the second person, I do not qualify for a badge because I only have about 25% tracking info uploaded.  Now, because I am Canadian, I am exempt  and can get the 20% discount as a Top-Rated Seller  but NOT the badge.

I also questioned why my listings are buried and got the song and dance about key words, etc.

Over-all I am rated as Above Standard but I notice often during the day that when I go to my Dashboard, I am shown as "Standard".

No explanation for this.  I have spoken to three-four agents on the subject.

Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated.  I work my backside off here and I can't get above water.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

The second person was very helpful, but I still did not get the problem solved.

According to the second person, I do not qualify for a badge because I only have about 25% tracking info uploaded.  Now, because I am Canadian, I am exempt  and can get the 20% discount as a Top-Rated Seller  but NOT the badge.

Unfortunately, the second person is correct that ebay.com listings don't show a badge unless the seller meets the 90% tracking requirements. They actually slipped that rule in for Canadians without any notice. In the spring update they said that we didn't need tracking to keep the badge but that if we did have tracking our visibility would be better. But in June when the deadline came for U.S. sellers to meet the tracking requirements or lose their TRS status...they also deleted Canadian seller's badges unless they too met the requirements.We are still supposed to get better visibility than a standard seller and still receive the 20% discount on listings that comply with the 1 day handling/14 day return policy.

If you use paypal shipping you should be able to get up to the 90%. When you print a light packet label there is an invoice number about the center of the page..it starts with 7210... We are allowed to enter that number as a tracking number...they have made that concession for us although I'm sure that it won't always be that way.

When you print small packet or expedited that number is automatically exported as a "tracking" number so you only have to enter light packet numbers.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I notice that you don't have a badge on the .ca site....so you must not have your global TRS?

You mentioned that your overall rating is above standard...that's on the .com site? You probably already know that If you go into your dashboard and click on performance standards which is under seller standing, you can check your status on different sites by clicking on the flags.

You do have some great items..I hope that things get  straightened out for you.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Thank You so much for the advice.  I will try that.

What's one more hill to climb?

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

ebay.com listings don't show a badge unless the seller meets the 90% tracking requirements. They actually slipped that rule in for Canadians without any notice. In the spring update they said that we didn't need tracking to keep the badge but that if we did have tracking our visibility would be better. But in June when the deadline came for U.S. sellers to meet the tracking requirements or lose their TRS status...they also deleted Canadian seller's badges unless they too met the requirements.

Thanks for the heads-up. I had no idea they did that. Un(dirtyword)believable.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

invoice number about the center of the page..it starts with 7210... We are allowed to enter that number as a tracking number.

When we use Small Packet that number gives us $100 insurance, but it is only an internal bookkeeping number for Canada Post.With Light Packet, even the insurance goes by the board.

So a number that is definitely not tracking or even Delivery Confirmation is acceptable. Why not just be honest and say that eBay accepts Proof of Mailing towards the TRS?  Paypal does not have to agree.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I was addressing the same confusing issue and did not get any help from eBay.

To the best of my judgement I am not getting the badge on eBay.com because I do not accept returns.

But you do! At the same time you do not ship within 1 day (this is a part of the requirement according to my understanding).

Check about the shipment and amend if you can and if this is a requirement indeed.

Good luck!

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

invoice number about the center of the page..it starts with 7210... We are allowed to enter that number as a tracking number.

When we use Small Packet that number gives us $100 insurance, but it is only an internal bookkeeping number for Canada Post.With Light Packet, even the insurance goes by the board.

So a number that is definitely not tracking or even Delivery Confirmation is acceptable. Why not just be honest and say that eBay accepts Proof of Mailing towards the TRS?  Paypal does not have to agree.

Whether or not a service has insurance really doesn't have anything to do with it but I agree that it is silly that in order to be a TRS, we have to enter a number that doesn't really prove anything. The light or small packet number doesn't even provide proof of mailing. Youcould buy the postage and still not mail the item.

Personally, I don't think that just entering a "real" tracking number means someone is great seller.......what happened to good communication, good service, a quality product...???

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I was addressing the same confusing issue and did not get any help from eBay.

To the best of my judgement I am not getting the badge on eBay.com because I do not accept returns.

But you do! At the same time you do not ship within 1 day (this is a part of the requirement according to my understanding).

Check about the shipment and amend if you can and if this is a requirement indeed.

Good luck!

I'm not sure who you are saying doesn't have 1 day handling....I think that everyone who posted on this thread has 1 day handling

The ebay help desk isn't usually up on all the changes, especially as they pertain to Canadians. As I understand it, right now, the badge itself isn't related to shipping time or returns.

A little history..

On the spring update for .com, U.S. sellers had  to upload tracking for 90% of their domestic buyers within 1 business day. If they didn't do that, they lost their TRS status...that means they lost the badge and discounts and any favoured search placement.

Those sellers who did upload tracking only received the 20% discount on listings that offered 1 day shipping and 14 day returns. So they could still be TRS and have the badge even if they did not offer either one of those 2 things.

The fall update changed that. According to the checklist in that update, the regular TRS  badge would be retired in August and a new TRS plus badge would appear. The TRS requirements weren't changing so sellers still needed to upload tracking but the badge (TRSplus) would show only on listings that offered 1 day shipping and 14 day returns. Once that starts, Canadians will have to follow the same rules in order to have a badge on .com. This doesn't affect status on .ca

This explains it:

http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/news/fallupdate2012/newetrsbadge.html

As of right now, only the uploaded tracking is needed to have a badge on .com but that should be changing soon.

Sorry for the long post..I hope it makes sense because I'm having a hard time staying awake to finish it lol

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I just noticed that today. It shows on the Seller Dashboard on  the eBay.com site that I'm a TRS but the TRS icon only shows on eBay.ca.

Nice. grrrrr.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I also phoned eBay about this a couple of months ago.

What I finally understood is that if I list on .ca then the TRS badge would also show up on the .com site.

Anyone know if that's true?

Is there an easy way to switch a store over to the .ca site? Might it be worth it?

When the TRS Plus comes in, we may not qualify anyway? Can't quite figure it out yet.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply