Two problems

I have mixed feelings regarding the new forums... I like the colour and "pureness" of the look. However, there is 2 big problems:

- The first one is the biggest one: we cannot mouse over the subject to read the first lines of the post. We have to click on it to read it and see if it's interesting to us. VERY BAD idea to remove that option! It is not an improvement, but a downgrade. For me, it would be like going back to WordPerfect instead of using Microsoft Word.

- The second one is that I can't preview my message before posting it. 😞

Also... it looks too much like PayPal forums and I don't really like them...

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Two problems

Still looking around. No point in stating first impressions yet. It is different.

I checked my Settings and found the time zone was set to Eastern when I had it on Pacific. SO seeting may not be migrated from the old system

I see there is a feature called macros. I made a few for testing. It allows you to save text and use when composing a post to pull up and insert in the post. I guess it can be used to save some explanations that are often asked here in the forums.  There is a drop down list in the top right called macros that list what you saved as macros.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Two problems

I am looking for an Edit Post option to correct a post but none seen yet. If you see this, post about it and how to use. I suppose it does not exist. It would be nice to have a 15 minute or 30 minute time limit to correct a post reply for silly typos I see to make all the time ... LOL

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Two problems

I do like the In Reply to with the eBay id so you know which post is being replied to.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Two problems

Testing Quick Reply. Sorry for so many posts as I am testing. I should put up a test topic.

I found the Edit post option. That is good.

It is in the Option list on the Right.

I am testing it and it works.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Two problems

No option list in Report Inappropriate content to self delete a post. I thought that they said the Report Abuse would still be there. It is but no list of topics yet?
Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Two problems

There is  a time limit to edit a post. 2-3 minutes?

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Two problems

Another problem that I noticed... the message that I read are still showing in red and those I didn't read are showing as read....

And there is no smiley with a question mark? 😞

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Two problems

@lady.stark wrote:

- The second one is that I can't preview my message before posting it. 😞

I just saw that there is a preview after all... sorry for the confusion! Smiley LOL

And I just discovered the quote option. Cool!! Woman Happy

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Two problems

@lady.stark wrote:

Also... it looks too much like PayPal forums and I don't really like them...

It looks similar because the PayPal Community Help Forum is powered by the same company.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Two problems

Thanks Sandy! It really explains why they look so similar 😉

One other thing regarding the forums: in the old one, I liked the fact that new posts were shown on the first page of the discussion boards. It was easy to "spot" the new threads. Now, we have to go in Seller Central to see new posts, then Buyer Central to see new posts, etc. Very frustrating in some way...

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Two problems

Hi Sandy - Welcome to Canada.Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Two problems

Hi Pierre, Thanks... LTNS...
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Two problems

The Edit feature will significantly reduce the need for self-reporting of threads (Eek, I left out the word "not"!) but still should be available.

I agree that the mouse-over preview would be very useful, even essential for high-volume users. What is it about this format (or PayPal) that you don't like? General look and feel, or specifics?  

The Macros feature is useful not only for big chunks of repeated text, but also for phrases that you type (or mis-type) all the time.  For intsance, it can be used as a spelling autocorrect for those of use who habitually reverse letters in the middle of common words like because and jsut. I miss the auto-underlining from the old format, but I'm glad to see its autocorrect function go. And I will use the Learn option to teach this spell checker the words relist and autocorrect.

Alas, preview doesn't include attached images. Sometimes mine are too big or too small.  I hope you don'[t mind a test image here:

On edit: disappointed to not see the actual image, juse a link. Did I do something wrong?

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Two problems

OK, I figured out what I did wrong, d'oh. Just going to Attachments and using "Choose file" wasn't a shortcut, I still have to use the "insert/edit image" link that's disguised as a tree at the top of the post box, to the right of the smiley face. Which I should have recognized because I've seen it on other boards.

This image isn't entirely OT, as the folks in the upper-left are at a yard sale of stuff that the neighbor couldn't sell on eBay.

bearhedge.jpg

Message 15 of 18
latest reply

Two problems

Where's the "Back To Top" button?

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

Two problems

Mine's right in the usual place; so this is one of the things that's probably related to your specific browser. If you report it they want you to include the info on your "Browser used for Last Visit" that you can find in the 'Statistics" section of your user profile (click on your member ID at the top of the page).

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

Two problems

Thank you, Nobody's. I use Firefox. It's ok, though. Someone from the US Feedback Board helped me. In Firefox, there's an "up" arrow that takes the page back to the top. However, I don't see it on this Canadian site.

Message 18 of 18
latest reply