UID for refunded payments

Does anyone have any experience/comments on filing a (friendly) dispute when the item was paid for, mailed, never arrived and the money was refunded via paypal?

Does that work?

Xena
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

treasure-pot
Community Member
Absolutely. Communicate with the buyer that you would like to cancel the transaction by mutual agreement. It does not impact on the buyer in any way.

Bill
treasure-pot

Co-Author of

Bill

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for the advice Bill!

And now that I have bought your book, you having shipped it to an alternate (unconfirmed) address and already left me feedback, I can test all the chargeback options paypal can offer me. And leave you a neg...

Just kidding, of course!

But, in all reality, you have done exactly what I do over and over - counter to the advice I often read on these boards - and I have never had a problem.

Trusting that you have a good sense of humour, thanks so much for taking the time to share your vast knowledge with the rest of us on these boards.

Xena
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
Xena, why, in the interests of good customer service and with a customer with perfect feedback, would I even question it?:-)

As with selling in every forum, you make judgment calls based upon instincts. My impression was that I need not worry about shipping to an unconfirmed address in your instance. What I would do in other situations would be up to the "gut" feeling I would get.

When sellers come on these boards asking for advice, I think most offer it in a general way. However there are no absolutes. Even PayPal will tell sellers that they need to manage risks using the tools made available to them. There are exceptions to every rule - you were mine today.;-)

Bill
treasure-pot

Co-Author of

Bill

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Yup, Bill, you and I do the same thing. I go by my gut feeling, often shipping merchandise before the "e-check" clears, the M/O arrives or the personal cheque clears my account. It's on a case-by case basis and, so far, so good.

For the same reason you are getting my FB before I receive the merchandise. With you, I need not worry about recourse and, should ever an issue arise, I feel (know) that we will be able to resolve it.

I just enjoyed ribbing you on the board - all in good-natured fun of course!

Keep up the good work!

Xena
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
Aw shucks...:-x

Bill
treasure-pot

Co-Author of

Bill