UPS over charges/ Canada Post monopoly whats worst

profsportsfishing
Community Member
I still trying figure out whats worst. canada post dealing with them when they lose items and over charge on our own soil. Or UPS charge more than the items worth.

Now i have decided that i will no longer buy off people that use UPS to due to their stupid fees and not abiding by the free trade agreement. That problem is solve but i wish canada government allow other to compete on the same playing level as canada post

Opinons Please
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

whoscloset
Community Member
I will not buy out of the U.S. unless the seller ships via Canada Post. All the couriers charge a ridiculous processing fee for collecting and remitting the GST/PST.

Funny thing I've noticed.....I used to live in the GTA and was hit with the Canada Post $5.00 charge + taxes EVERY time I purchased from the States. Now I live in the middle of nowhere (Goderich, ON about 2.5 hours northwest of TO) and I have never paid the Canada Post processing fee on item coming in from the U.S.

Strange.

Monique

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Now i have decided that i will no longer buy off people that use UPS to due to their stupid fees and not abiding by the free trade agreement. That problem is solve but i wish canada government allow other to compete on the same playing level as canada post

- "not abiding by FTA", the FTA did remove duties from most goods imported from the USA but this does not mean that the border is wide open and goods don't need to be cleared through customs. UPS etc. have to do the same work at the border regardless of duties being applied or not.

- "compete on the same playing level" The only service that Canada Post is protected is for regular first class mail, all other services are fully open to competition.

Ben
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

mirakbiz_inc
Community Member
The $5.00 fee is applied if they deem necessary to do "paperwork" It's at their own criteria, since not all inbound mail is processed at the same sortation station, it really depends on the person that sees your package. I noticed that if I have the packages sent to my Business, I always get the $5.00 but if I have them sent to my person I get away with most of them... same address
Message 4 of 4
latest reply