UPS overseas discount? Or is Canada Post better?

magical-deals
Community Member
I've been shipping mostly within north america and getting a crappy 20% discount from UPS. Now i want to start shipping heavier things (2-10lbs) overseas and want a pretty good discount on their published rates. Just wonder what other people are getting and if it's even possible, is ups even the best option for overseas? (mostly UK) Anybody have a good account rep they can recommend, I don't mind switching reps, nor do i mind mentioning your name, I will be doing quite a bit of volume and hopefully the rep will throw something ur way as a finders fee.
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Have you tried Fedex or DHL? I think they are better knowen than UPS in Europe. Also, you might want to ask your customer which one is the most reliable or largest in their country.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

magical-deals
Community Member
fedex and DHL are expensive...no one ships overseas?
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

aabros
Community Member
We ship overseas through the crown corporation (CP) weekly. So far, so good. B-)
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I regularly ship overseas and I use exclusively Canada Post. I have shipped both Air and Surface without any problems. I don't know how the rates compare to UPS but I haven't had any complaints so far.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

ononokajibwa
Community Member
I'm not sure I can really comment a lot on this one but here's my two cents. I've found Canada Post to be the best priced and fastest method of shipping. I've received a few things via UPS and I always get stung with "Brokerage" fees and whatever else tends to get slapped on my parcels. I'm generally not a happy camper when I deal with the UPS. I've been quite content with CP and they seem to have been the most consistent to date. Hope this helps...
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

dr.j.medicalsupplies
Community Member
Hi There

I ship overseas all the time. 17Kilogram Medical Back Units and the best company for me still is Canada Post. They ship to all destinations. I have also used their isurance claim process and there is no questions asked about insurance claim. Very Easy to deal with .

Love Cancada Post on both my sites
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

You should be getting a better discount than 20% especially with volume.

But UPS will always be more expensive than Canada Post. The only advantage is the speed is way faster. UPS doesn't have a slow service compared to Canada Post. ( 3 days or so to UK)

Angelo
Message 8 of 8
latest reply