US POST OFFICE SHIPPING

I regularly drive to Odgenburg NY Post office about 45 minutes from me if I have alot of (bigger)parcels to ship.

It's incredibile the savings using the US post Office system. The savings more than pays for the gas getting there. (plus I fill up on cheaper USA gas while there.)

It's easy, I use UPS manifests that are free, scribbled out the UPS on them, lists my items I'm exporting, give it to the border guard, they stamped it, they never opened and inspected anything yet... and I'm usually back in Ottawa... total trip time 2 hours. Well worth the hassle of not using Canada Post "break and lose and overcharge system.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

US POST OFFICE SHIPPING

PS. Just for the record. My spouse used to works at the main sorting centre at Canada Post in Ottawa. She told me I wouldn't believe what went on there. I do.

If the item you shipping, can't be thrown onto a concrete floor with force, or stand being at the bottom of a bin with a ton of parcels on top of it it not going to survive the trip.

Parcels are regularly kicked, thrown, buried under others parcels, ran into and over with a forklift and all this is very very normal.

Thanks Canada Post for this. Your Post Office. They take your money and laugh!
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

US POST OFFICE SHIPPING

fedant
Community Member
Ditton on teh poor treatment of stuff by Canada Post. I figure if I can;t drop a package from 12 feet up without fearing breakage, then it isn't packed well enough.

But, even good packing can;t protect packages from being speared...had a $700 piece speared by a long thin object of some sort..smashed the peice to smithereens, through the double boxing & everything........The buyer had been looking for the piece for years and was real upset.....and I was't exactly happy, either.

Then there was the square box that went to the address and came back to me ROUND....and a lcoal dealer whose package was received by the buyer half the size it left, with a tire track over it.....Up until that point I though the "tire track" stories were "old wives tales"...I could go on & on with horror stories.....For what Canada Post charges they sure shirk any responsibility for what happens to our stuff, don't they?
Message 3 of 3
latest reply