USPS Priority Mail International - Need help with seller.

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Hi Everyone,

I can't believe that I'm asking this question, but I am! 😞

I purchased 8 Cricut Cartridges between October 15th - 16th from a seller in Utah. I requested an invoice as soon as the last auction was over which I received on the 18th and paid it 5 hours after receiving it.

I received notice that my package was shipped on the 19th via USPS Priority Mail International. From reading on the USPS website it states that tracking IS NOT available on the small flat rate envelope/boxes BUT IT IS on the other...regular and large sized. (-*Tracking is not available for the Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelope or the Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Box)

Okay, fast forward a bit to November 5th when the seller credits me back for one of the items 18 days LATER and now it states in My eBay that I should not expect to receive these items until the 25th of November.

PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME on this type of mailing! Should it really take this long or did she mark items as shipped when they really weren't? I ask because other sellers whom I purchased from during same time period and items were shipped on the 19th via the same method of shipping WERE TRACKABLE and have all been received within the past 10 days.

I've e-mailed the seller 3 times since Friday once the credit came in AND THERE HAS BEEN NO RESPONSE.

I've asked for the TRUE mailing date. I've asked for the tracking number. No reply.

The USPS website also states that it takes approximately 6 - 10 days (I'm assuming business days) for delivery. Mind you....I know there's Custom that we need to contend with.

However, I don't have a clue about anything because this seller WILL NOT respond to my questions regarding actual mailing date AND tracking number.

I also asked her if she is listing items on eBay and DOESN'T have the items in stock. I thought that was a no-no even though I did not say that in my eBay messages to her.

What should I do?

If I lived in a shoe I wouldn't have a place for the cartridges...HOWEVER, I'm not that old lady who lives in a shoe! And, this is not the dark ages where we have to hand write a letter and wait for it to be delivered by horses! I'm just asking for a little bit of customer service....something that is important to me.

Again, I ask.....your advice on what should I do? (Mind you, I know what I want to do!)

Thanks!
Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

sunrunnerultra
Community Member
In my opinion, just put the shoes on the other feet, if you were the seller, what do you think your buyer would be doing by now. It only takes a minute to reassure buyers that the items are on the way, and if they don't have the time to answer to you, let them answer to someone else....INR
Message 2 of 28
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Thanks for your reply sunrunnerultra!

As a seller I've never allowed a day to go by without responding and reassuring a buyer. However, since I really haven't bought very much on eBay over the past 10 years, I honestly didn't think that TR sellers did this to their buyers! Oh, I have a lot to learn!

Susan
Message 3 of 28
latest reply

sunrunnerultra
Community Member
Most of us bust our butts to give the service that we are being paid for, and I just can't be bothered with people who think it's alright to ignore me when I've given them my money. But again, just my opinion.......

Mark
Message 4 of 28
latest reply

Well, since Friday it may not have been 24 business hours yet depending when did you email. Some sellers have 2 business days response time. What does your seller terms say, how fast they ship and how fast they respond to questions ?

Once I had a nut who sent question on Saturday and negged me on Monday morning upset I did not answer him just when I was getting to it. He was then ashamed of leaving the neg so fast he revised it right away

Especially after the weekend you come to work and you have 50 emails waiting to be answered, your seller may still be catching up.

If you do not get response by tomorrow evening, then I second sunrunnerultra.
Message 5 of 28
latest reply

Well, since Friday it may not have been 24 business hours yet depending when did you email. Some sellers have 2 business days response time. What does your seller terms say, how fast they ship and how fast they respond to questions ?

Once I had a nut who sent question on Saturday and negged me on Monday morning upset I did not answer him just when I was getting to it. He was then ashamed of leaving the neg so fast he revised it right away

Especially after the weekend you come to work and you have 50 emails waiting to be answered, your seller may still be catching up.

If you do not get response by tomorrow evening, then I second sunrunnerultra.

Hi Susan,

I agree with the others. I would only wait one more day. Is this a big or a small seller? I find small sellers quicker to respond in most cases for the simple reason that they don't have as much to ship out and therefore have more time.

Regarding emails I did notice something new tonight. I had a repeat customer pay by money order, as she always does. I emailed her about 3 times asking her if and when her money order had been sent and received no response. Tonight I looked at my My World page and discovered that she had left a message in my Guest Book saying that she had emailed me 3 times to tell me that it had been sent. I check my emails every day and I know that I did not receive them.

I only mention this because there is a possibility that she did not receive your messages. I have no idea how much eBay monitors emails but I know they are trying their best to keep all transactions on eBay. They could be preventing some from getting through. Why they would do so in your case and in mine I don't know. I would keep that in mind just in case.

Good luck!

Judy
Message 6 of 28
latest reply

Item # please?

Bernie
Message 7 of 28
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
The seller responded AFTER I filed a complaint with PayPal.

I received the refund Thursday night going into Friday morning. As I had to be at the rink by 6 AM with my girls, we were up at 4AM so I checked my e-mail to see if one last buyer of mine had sent her payment so that I could mail it while in town. She hadn't however, the refund was there and that is when I e-mailed the seller.

I understand that some sellers do need to take 2 days to respond to a buyer's request for information. HOWEVER, it had already been 18 days since I had paid and that is what was irking me.

It takes no time at all to respond with FACTUAL information....especially if you just have to copy and paste the tracking information.

Here is what the seller responded with. I have left off ALL pertinent information so that I don't get deleted this time!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Susan,

I just checked through the orders and it appears that your order was Shipped on the 3rd. I apologize for the confusion. Our eBay store automatically moves the status to shipped when an order is printed. It appears that the holdup was the cartridge Simply Sweet, that was out of stock. You should have received an email giving you the option to wait on back order or receive a refund. When the manufacturer informed us that our next shipment would be arriving because they are also out of stock, all back orders would have been refunded. Your refund was only for the Simply Sweet cartridge. The status updates shows that it has cleared customs, so I would assume this is close to delivery. I will include the tracking details below. Sorry for the delay, we appreciate your patience.

Weight: 1 Lbs.
Mail Class: Priority Mail International
Package ID: CJ209987935US
Printed on: 11/03/10 - 2:16:43 PM
Postmarked: 11/03/10 Reference ID: 2122103 Group Code: 0 Description: Craft Items

Summary Status

Your item cleared customs in CANADA at 11:53 am on November 08, 2010. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Question: Are there extra perks for sellers who ship within a day? Well....ANYONE can go in and change the status of an order to shipping. But, the problem is when you say that it is shipped and then it sits for days in your office and not in the mail system.

I honestly can say that this is not a life or death shipment. However, it was over $250.00 and I was under the impression that it had been mailed. A simple e-mail to me to let me know what was going on is the key to great customer service.

The seller states that they ship within 4 days. There's a difference between 4 days and 11 or more to get the package to the post office especially without updating a buyer.

This is the item # that I was refunded on: 330485229398.

I see that she used Blackthorne....not sure if it is Basic or Pro version. However, I used Pro version as well. And, just because you print an order, it does not HAVE TO automatically mark an item as shipped. I've used the program for to long to know that you just uncheck a box. It's as simple as that to get BT to do what you want it to.

I imagine that since my package has now cleared customs that I should have it within the next few days, or perhaps early next week since we have a special holiday this week. Once received I will close my request with PayPal so that it is not held against the seller. Feedback....not sure what this seller should receive. I'll allow myself time to think factually and not emotionally.

Well, it's 11 PM and I have to be up at 4 AM again. Our girls are on the ice again Tuesday morning at 6 AM and it will take about 45 minutes to an hour to get there since our roads are a soggy mess. Then it is school for them and then 2-1/2 hours on the ice afterwards. Tuesdays are busy around here!

Ah.....all of this could have been avoided by just sending a note that gave me the tracking number!

Have a good one!
Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 8 of 28
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Item # please?

Bernie

Bernie,

I originally purchased 8 items from this seller.

CRICUT & EXPRESSION Machine Cartridge: WINTER WOODLAND
Item# 350403688173 $24.99 USD

CRICUT & EXPRESSION Machine Cartridge: SIMPLY SWEET New
Item# 330485229398 $24.99 USD

CRICUT EXPRESSION Machine Cartridge STRETCH IMAGINATION
Item# 330485172229 $24.99 USD

CRICUT & EXPRESSION Machine Cartirdge:DOODLETYPE
Item# 330485131238 $24.99 USD

NEW! CRICUT & EXPRESSION Machine Cartridge: PAGODA
Item# 330484247170 $24.99 USD

CRICUT & EXPRESSION Cartridge: JOYS of the SEASON
Item# 310261999543 $24.99 USD

CRICUT & EXPRESSION Machine Cartridge: LYRICAL LETTERS
Item# 310261878500 $24.99 USD

New! CRICUT & EXPRESSION Machine Cartridge COUNTRY LIFE
Item# 310261133405 $27.00 USD

Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 9 of 28
latest reply

It sounds like they really need to set up a different system for communicating with their customers. I would be irked too if a seller waited that long before shipping without letting me know that there was a delay. They could have let you know and given you some options.

Question: Are there extra perks for sellers who ship within a day? Well....ANYONE can go in and change the status of an order to shipping. But, the problem is when you say that it is shipped and then it sits for days in your office and not in the mail system.

It's not quite as simple as just saying they've shipped within a day.

LINK
Starting in November, when you specify 1-day handling time, upload tracking information by the end of the next business day after the buyer’s payment clears, and we know your package arrived within 4 business days from when the buyer pays (or arrived by your estimated delivery if that was earlier), eBay will automatically rate the transaction with 5 stars for shipping time.
Message 10 of 28
latest reply

It sounds like they really need to set up a different system for communicating with their customers. I would be irked too if a seller waited that long before shipping without letting me know that there was a delay. They could have let you know and given you some options.

The seller says they did:

You should have received an email giving you the option to wait on back order or receive a refund.

I am getting concerned about eBay messaging system after reading this post.
Message 11 of 28
latest reply

The reason I asked, Susan, is because I wanted to substantiate what I suspected; that your seller is listing product he/she does not have in stock.

If you click on their 138 negs and begin reading you will soon realize that they have a habit of listing items they have no control over. I suspect that the #'s would be much higher were it not for the fact that many buyers simply don't leave FB when they are unhappy.

Personally, I don't do business with such sellers as the buying experience can be hit and miss.

I always advocate peaceful resolutions but in this case I would file INR's for whatever was not received within a reasonable time, and especially if you receive no replies to your queries.

Bernie
Message 12 of 28
latest reply

I smell a dropshipper.
Message 13 of 28
latest reply

The seller says they did:

You should have received an email giving you the option to wait on back order or receive a refund.

I am getting concerned about eBay messaging system after reading this post.

Well..."you should have received an email" doesn't say to me that an email was sent out. It says that is what should have been done but it doesn't confirm that was what was actually done. If I were the seller and had sent an email, I would have given a specific date when the email was sent...I don't think the seller knows for sure if one was sent or not.
Message 14 of 28
latest reply

The number of negatives corresponds to the volume. They may be drop-shipper or mom&pop operating at bottom markup levels and the top of their physical capacity struggling to keep up with payables, answering questions and maintaining inventory.

They got 158 negatives but also 55,000 positives

I think you folks are jumping the gun. It may have been eBay messaging system, I hear they limit number of messages one seller can send. I know how many I send, do not even want to know how many these guys have to send.
Message 15 of 28
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member

Well..."you should have received an email" doesn't say to me that an email was sent out. It says that is what should have been done but it doesn't confirm that was what was actually done. If I were the seller and had sent an email, I would have given a specific date when the email was sent...I don't think the seller knows for sure if one was sent or not.

I view myself as an extremely conscientious seller and I keep track of every e-mail sent/received by me to a customer or vice versa. They are all kept in a file in my outlook so that I know exactly what was going on with my customers.

Likewise...I have every e-mail that has been sent to me with regards to my recent purchases....with this seller and several others.

This seller DID NOT send me an e-mail giving me any options with regards to the item that they eventually refunded me on. Had they....I would have said, "Thanks for letting me know...and it's perfectly fine to refund me and send the rest of the items on." OR "Thanks for letting me know and I will gladly wait for ALL items to be available before you send my package."

If I had received an e-mail from them regarding this issue....I would have been INFORMED and in control of my decision.

However, another thing that IRKS me is that I was given a choice of shipping:

The first one was for USPS First Class Mail International at a rate of $27.00.
The second choice was for USPS Priority mail International at a rate of $36.00.

Silly me! I selected AND wated the second choice of $36.00.

Now why in the world would I select and pay for that shipping when for $27.00 the package would have been here in 18 days to begin with!!??????

I do believe that this seller needs to refund me on the shipping difference from FAST shipping to SLOW shipping. I've not asked yet. I thought that if this seller WAS ON THE BALL...they would have offered, but they haven't.

However, as I mentioned yesterday, I did file a dispute with PayPal and that is why the seller responded to me. Mind you....after 10 years...THIS IS MY FIRST DISPUTE EVER.

I made an error by not checking into the reasons behind the negatives. Had I known that they have a habit of selling items on eBay that they DO NOT HAVE IN STOCK, I would have looked elsewhere or been prepared for the wait.

Truly...communication is the key to any good business. Perhaps that's the reason that I've always been able to enjoy the fine sellers on this list!

The dispute will stay open until my items are received. I will address the issue of shipping costs charged BUT CERTAINLY NOT DELIVERED!

I am curious as to what would I accomplish by filing an INR since they refunded me for the one listing that was not available on DAY 18?!! Enlighten me please!

And, I have to tell you...the one thing that I will miss about not having my store and 4000 listings is all of you! I know that my PS/TRS status will dwindle over time and I won't be able to enter this board....but I will tell you that I will never forget any of you when that time comes!

Have a good one!
Susan
Message 16 of 28
latest reply

You'll be missed here too! But you can always come visit on the other boards. 🙂
Message 17 of 28
latest reply

I still maintain that "problem" is written all over their listings and feedback.

When negs say the same thing over and over, then there is a message.

Also, the seller is responsible for their business. If they don't have the infrastructure to handle their sales, they need to make changes, not let the buyers suffer.

Their listings do state that they may be selling "pre-sales", a dangerous game at best.

Also, there is no limit to the # of messages a seller can send once there has been a transaction.

Bernie
Message 18 of 28
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Hi Bernie,

Bernie,

As I had mentioned, I originally purchased 8 items from this seller.

CRICUT & EXPRESSION Machine Cartridge: WINTER WOODLAND
Item# 350403688173 $24.99 USD - This listing says NOW SHIPPING in their write-up. Please allow 3 - 5 days for processing due to very high demand.

CRICUT & EXPRESSION Machine Cartridge: SIMPLY SWEET New
Item# 330485229398 $24.99 USD - No where in this listing does it state that this item is not in stock.

CRICUT EXPRESSION Machine Cartridge STRETCH IMAGINATION
Item# 330485172229 $24.99 USD This one says: This item is now in stock. It typically ships in 2-3 business days.
(This is processing time. Typical delivery time is 7-10 days in the US, 10-14 days outside of the US.)
PLEASE read our shipping terms and conditions below.
This is a high-demand item. Ocassionally delays can occur.

CRICUT & EXPRESSION Machine Cartirdge:DOODLETYPE
Item# 330485131238 $24.99 USD This one says: This item is now in stock. It typically ships in 2-3 business days.
(This is processing time. Typical delivery time is 7-10 days in the US, 10-14 days outside of the US.)

NEW! CRICUT & EXPRESSION Machine Cartridge: PAGODA
Item# 330484247170 $24.99 USD This listing doesn't really give any specifics except for their typical shipping blurb.

CRICUT & EXPRESSION Cartridge: JOYS of the SEASON
Item# 310261999543 $24.99 USD This one says: This item is now in stock. It typically ships in 2-3 business days.

CRICUT & EXPRESSION Machine Cartridge: LYRICAL LETTERS
Item# 310261878500 $24.99 USD This one says: This item is now in stock. It typically ships in 2-3 business days.

New! CRICUT & EXPRESSION Machine Cartridge COUNTRY LIFE
Item# 310261133405 $27.00 USD This one doesn't really state anything. It's description talks about winter and snow...but the listing is for COUNTRY LIFE. We'll see what happens here!

A few things that stand out in their listings under shipping information on the main page are the following that I have copied and pasted:

1 - Feedback & Detailed Seller Ratings: We automatically leave positive feedback once you have paid. We encourage you to leave feedback and detailed seller ratings. Keep in mind that the shipping cost and delivery time should be compared against what we described in the item details. We encourage you to be generous in your feedback and DSR scores as that reduces our eBay costs and allows us to offer better pricing. Please contact us with any problems and give us a chance to earn a 5-star rating in all categories.
We typically reply to neutral or negative feedback, but will not leave you feedback.
In My eBay it shows that I have received all feedback from this seller and that the package was SHIPPED on October 19th. I did look back at some of this seller's feedback at the time I started to bid/purchase. I did see the negatives for the PREORDER sales. Mind you, I didn't worry about that because none of these items I purchased were PREORDER sales.

2 - Typically you will receive two emails. The first one is an indication that we are processing and packaging your order.
The second email is from our shipping program and will include a tracking/confirmation number for most orders.
I received one e-mail on the 19th of October telling me that all of my items had been shipped.

I just realized today that the e-mail that I did receive from this seller was not responded through the dispute system. They have yet to acknowledge that there is a dispute.

So, what does this seller deserve in terms of feedback and DSR's. Your opinions? The item that apparently caused all of the problems was refunded back to me without me asking for it.

Shipping on the other hand....they've certainly gotten their money's worth as I paid for the fast delivery but they took 18 days to ship the items. That's not what I paid for.

I would appreciate hearing your thoughts on this so that I may consider all points of views.

Thanks,
Susan
Message 19 of 28
latest reply

Slightly off topic-- is USPS Priority Mail International actually "tracked"? I know people (and PP) use the term loosely, but I understood that this serviice is only Delivery Confirmed, which is important for PP, but does not actually tell the buyer anything but the dates the label is printed, the date the item is presented to the Post Office and the date it was delivered (and not the the house but to the postal walk/ zipcode)
Message 20 of 28
latest reply