Unbelievable! Jordon WTH?

whoscloset
Community Member
I have always paid for my inventory purchases with my PayPal Debit Card to get the 1.5% cash-back and somewhat off-set the lousy exchange rate PayPal offers.

Today I noticed that they have begun charging an "International Transaction Fee" of 1% of the total transaction. WTF? This is a blatant clawback on the cash-back imposed exclusively upon foreign sellers by ebay (PayPal).

Thanks for all those GREAT Canadian Seller Profitability enhancements Jordon. I have to admit this one really disgusts me. :(
Monique

Himalayan Salt Lamps - A Guide to Purchasing

Monique

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I guess PAYPAL does not like to pay bank charges....they just like to charge their ridiculous rates and not to mention rip-off exchange rates.

Jordon has about as much pull with eBaY HQ as a monkey has on the market price of Bananas.

FTL
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Hey Monique.
I was wondering about that new fee. Any idea when paypal is going to offer convenience checks? I would like to be able to take U.S money out of my account without having to go through paypals exchange rate.

Also, I have a U.S money account at my bank but am not able to transfer my paypal funds into it... Its seems like its all about making money off the exchange.

I think changes are in the works(if they aren't already) but it is obviously going to come at a cost...... or a FEE!!!!!

Any advice or help will be greatly appreciated.

All the best.

Andrew/buckingham303
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Hello Monique,

This 1% charged by Paypal is only for transactions using there credit card ?

Frederic
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
Frederic, that is the only place I've seen it applied so far.

Andrew, I'll be heading down to the U.S. to open a bank account within the next month. Then I'll be offering Google check-out on my off-ebay site and I'll transfer my PayPal money to the U.S. account.
Monique

Monique

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Hey Monique.

Great idea and quite simple too. I can't believe that I didn't think of that! Thanks. Appreciate your time.

Andrew
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

momosworld
Community Member
We use to get 1.5% back when we payed our eBay fees, but alas it seems they have scrapped that as well, we actually get nada, zip, jack on a stick.

Moez

My mommy says i'm cool

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
Moez,

You will still get the 1.5% on your ebay bill if you set it up as a credit card payment on ebay using your PayPal debit card. You have to pay REALLY close attention as you are going through the payment process as they take EVERY opportunity to try and direct you to pay via PayPal rather than a CC.
Monique

Monique

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I always use my PP debit card as a credit card to pay eBay fees, and I have thus far always gotten the 1.5% cashback.

As Monique mentions, during the payment process every default takes you to a direct paypal payment so check carefully. I also pay my fees manually before ebay can take an automated payment - for better control.

Ann
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

facestation
Community Member
Ahh..Thanks Monique, Yes i can truly say I've lost hundreds this past yr because of this..

Stupid sexy PayPal - H.S

Moez
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

funkywatch
Community Member
Monique, in addition to your bank account, you will need a postal address in the US if you want to offer Google checkout.

If you want to save some of the Paypal fees, you can get an account with RBC Centura which you can then link to a Royal Bank account here and do your forex online with xetrade (xe.com, a canadian company)

eric
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

tobyshitzu
Community Member
pink responded to this...if you want to use the debit card do it before June
http://forums.ebay.ca/thread.jspa?threadID=500019936&tstart=0&mod=1177562548484
Message 12 of 12
latest reply