Unclaimed payment?

I bought a processor yesterday & paid using paypal, It's showing up as unclaimed on their end & I left them a message earlier today to let the seller know that they have to claim it & haven't heard back from them

I'll try their email tonight but if I still have no response I plan on cancelling my order, my only question is since the payment is unclaimed does he still have to refund me? I don't use paypal often so this is a little confusing for me and I don't have a option to cancel the payment either via paypal

Also when cancelling should I do so by contacting ebay? 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Unclaimed payment?

Yesterday was Sunday.

He may not work weekends.

Your second contact, if he doesn't respond to the first, should be :

"When was this shipped? What service was used? What is the tracking number?"

Now.

Do you back your Paypal account with a balance or a credit card? Or did you draw from your bank account?

If the latter, you wrote an e-cheque which must clear both the Canadian and the American banking systems before the seller gets paid.

This can take as long as 10 days. Usually less, but still.

Is the seller new?

EBay has restrictions on new sellers and on sellers of highvalue/highfraud items.

One of those is a Hold on cleared payments. A Hold of up to 21 days.

Some new sellers decide they can't (or won't) ship until the Hold is lifted. This is not allowed.

If your seller can print a Paypal shipping label, your purchase can be safely shipped.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Unclaimed payment?

Since the payment is unclaimed does he still have to refund me? 

Yes. Request a Cancel Order via ebay or Paypal and don't close your case until you have received a refund of your payment, unclaimed or not. Otherwise, what is to stop the seller from 'cancelling' your order and then claiming your payment? This could very well leave you in a tough spot if that were to happen.

Most likely the seller is either new or inexperienced. 

What was the handling time on the order placed? If the seller has a five-day handling time, you cannot expect them to ship it sooner. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply