Unpaid Item Strike while I could not access my account due to password change issue.

I was delayed out of town and could not access my account. I just got back and a quickly filed unpaid item dispute closed against me for a $1.00 item. Can I get it removed? Had I been able to access my account I would have paid it I could not change my password until I got home.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Unpaid Item Strike while I could not access my account due to password change issue.

Go to Customer Support and appeal.

Use the password excuse. It will be the best one at the moment.

But actually, you could have paid with your old password. The problem was in existence for several months before eBay decided to go public, so your purchase would have been no more dangerous in May than purchases made in February.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thanks I will do that. Actually I was out of town in Toronto for 6 days because of a family medical matter. At first I did not have internet access but when I got a chance to access it eBay would no longer take my old password. I changed my selling account pass word but could not change this one because I could not access the phone at home for the phone message and did not have the seldom used password to the associated email address.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

As soon as I clicked on the appeal I got:

Hello, higgswtop12

We've removed the unpaid item

(Item and seller details omitted)

Case opened: 25 May 2014 02:03 AM

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

So they removed the unclaimed item strike that easily? I wonder if that is the norm or just because of the password issue.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I am sure it due to the password issue. On my own seller account I had someone message me with a disguised email address in a newly created account asking to please invoice his items directly to paypal  as he could no longer access his account. I had sold to him several times before and checked that the disguised email address was the one he had previously paid from. I invoiced and he paid.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

EBay also seems to allow the removal of Unpaid Item Strikes once.

Because anyone can make a mistake.

This seems fair to me, as long as the seller gets her fees back.

Once only.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply