Unpaid eBay invoice affects visibility ?

I noticed a drop in sales in the middle of the month, every month. My billing date is 15th. I pay my fees continuously twice a week. My sales on Mon/Tue were 1/3 of the previous week's Mon/Tue but on Tuesday I paid remaining pending portion of the invoice (plus little more). Wed/Thu/Fri sales seem back to normal.

My fees payments schedule is leaving balance positive (me owing eBay). Perhaps a payment schedule to keep the balance negative (prepaid) would get rid of the drop ?

Can someone confirm my observations ?
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I haven't noticed a correlation. My billing date is on the 15th too and the last week has been busier than the 2 previous weeks. I haven't paid any fees this month yet.

But, looking at the number of monthly transactions in your feedback, they would notice your fees missing much more than they would miss mine!
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

No, I am almost certain that this would not affect your sales.

Although I personally pay my eBay fees several times a week, I would think that the majority of sellers only pay once a month when they have to.

eBay sales have been erratic for a few months now. Huge fluctuations, often coinciding with major bad and good news in the media.

We average about 35 items/day on eBay but have had a couple of days recently where there was not a single email in our inbox. No sales, no payments, no questions. Then, we experienced days with over 100 emails sitting there in the morning.

I have never seen it like this in all my years on eBay. In total, sales are fine on a monthly basis but, as I said, huge fluctuations.

Bernie
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Really? I think the USA ebayers match the Canadian ones. 95 % are good and 5% should not be on ebay.

Kelly
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Really? I think the USA ebayers match the Canadian ones. 95 % are good and 5% should not be on ebay.

Kelly

Wrong section, sry.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply