Ut oh..."see more items from store sellers" link missing?

Just wondering if anyone else can no longer see the "see more items from eBay store sellers" link at the bottom of search pages. I've tried a few tests and it's not there anymore. I've seen this happen before (somebody must have messed up) and it's always bad for sales.
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

I just did a search, too.

Uh-oh. I think you're right. -------------------------------------------------------------------

It is our similarities that make us all human - it is our differences that make us all interesting

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

So? Anyone notice a slowdown in sales this weekend? I have sold only a handful of store items which could only have been found if already on someone's watch list or from searching my other items from a live auction page.

The easiest way for new buyers to find our store items is to run a general search for a said item in the correct category and then to click that "see more items from eBay store sellers" link at the bottom of the page. Is anyone NOT concerned about this? I am very concerned and have reported it as a site problem to eBay but have still not seen a fix.
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Hi there,

Over the past few days while looking for figure skating items for our three daughters I've noticed the same....that the link to find items in stores is missing. It's very frustrating.

I've reported the problem twice in the past 5 days.

Problem still exists.

I don't have any auctions running (usually don't), so I've basically become invisible. My regulars find me with no problems.

I wonder if this will become permanent?

Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

I see it after the sponsored results in most cases.

Get more results

* See additional items from eBay Stores. Learn more.
* See all items including those from other countries and regions.
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
When I do a search on .com for skating bag I get:

39 results found for skating bag [ Save this searchSaved toMy eBay. ]

and

12 items found from eBay international sellers

and

See all matching items from international sellers

BUT...no mention of stores.

This is historically what I've found while doing searches on .com for figure skating items....dresses, skate bags, etc.

Happening even ONE time, is ONE time to many!

I'll be calling again!

Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

They've relocated the link and made it smaller.

If there are more than 50 entries on a page, then look at the yellow bar at the bottom that says "See more results" and the link is there in 6 point type).

According to Pierre, if there are less than 40 entries, then the stores link shows up automatically.

Under 30 items, of course, the additional items themselves show up. -------------------------------------------------------------------

It is our similarities that make us all human - it is our differences that make us all interesting

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
That's just it....the yellow bar isn't always there when you do a search such as the one I mentioned above for skate bags. There's no way to get into stores from that particular search.

It's missing!

Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Can you give a specific example? -------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Example...See Message #5 above.

Do a search for skate bags on .com

That's what I did for the results in #5.

There was no yellow bar.

Let us know what you find!

Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Did the search for "skating bag" and cannot find a link to store listings unless I click on Buy it Now items : http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?LH_BIN=1&LH_IncludeSIF=1&_nkw=skating+bag&_trksid=p3286.c0.m301
where the links are provided at the bottom :
Get more results
See additional items from eBay Stores. Learn more.
See all items including those from other countries and regions.

I suspect not providing the link to the store has to do with the fact more than 30 listings were found in the original search. It may be a new bug. I tested several other searches all with less than 30 listings and all showed a search result (full or partial) for store listings.
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Searched for "skate bags" and link "See additional items" apeared on the bottom as usual. 193 results. All Items selected (not just Buy Now)

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=skate+bags&_sacat=0&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313&_odkw=PIC12F683&_osacat=0

When using Pierre's link to search for "skating bags", the link is not there although there is fewer results (38) in All Items. Some of the store items (122) are included in tab "Buy Now" items as "Buy Now" tab has 114 results. Clearly, not all store items (122) are merged into that search (114) although eBay claims "Preferences: Include Store inventory, Buy It Now".
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

That's weird.

I just did the same search for "skating bags" and the stores link wasn't there ( any my default is always set to "all items".

Well, just to be safe, I've dumped a dozen of my UHMW and Delrin items into Fixed Price. I think I'm going to keep it that way. -------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Huge difference when doing just a regular search (all items) for skating bag -38 as compared to searching for skate bag - 193. As dipmicro said, the skate bag search shows the link for store items on each page. Odd that it would show the link for a list of 193 yet not for a list of 38. I know that using 2 different terms isn't comparing apples to apples but it is odd that the links do not always show up.

I tried a few more searches and it seems if the result is about 35 when searching for all items, the international items show up at the bottom and there is no store link.

BUT I found that didn't work all the time. I did do some searches that were around 35 and did show a link for both store items and international items. But when clicking on international items, there were not any.

So it seems (in at least a few cases) that international is taking preference over store items.

That's got to be a glitch?
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

I have been searching under the crochet patterns category which is where I sell, I have not seen any link to items from stores no matter the type of search I do, not under international sellers or sponsored ads...nothing, rien, nada. Over the next few weeks we are renovating our home office space (yes eBay has taken over and something needs to be done!) so I will not be auctioning so as Susan said, I will be invisible to new buyers.

Thank you so much for reporting the bug. I hope it gets fixed soon. I really wish eBay would take the time to follow up with us on any bugs we report. How are we to know they are fixing it unless they do? But...as I'm sure we have all gotten accustomed to, eBay (and paypal) very rarely come straight out and confirm bugs...very frustrating! I'll be reporting again...that's all I can do for now.
Message 15 of 17
latest reply

Sorry, I am mistaken....I am getting store hits when the search only yields a limited number of results. Otherwise there's no link to store sellers other than the eBay stores home page link at the bottom.
Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Update: This link is back in place and now my store items are moving again!
Message 17 of 17
latest reply