Validating BidPay

dropnsellnow
Community Member
A buyer chose to pay me with BidPay. This is not a payment method I provide and one I've never used. I've received two emails purportedly from BidPay claiming that a Western Union money order is on the way.

Perhaps it is, but I don't get how I'm meant to validate this. I've sent 3 emails to BidPay since Saturday, directly from the www.bidpay.com, with the order # asking them to confirm the transaction, but they have not responded.

Anybody have expereience with BidPay and have any suggestion on how to validate the payment?

cheers
Norman
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Validating BidPay

I believe if you create a BidPay Account with your email account, you should be able to access the transaction and verify that it is on its way.

Michael
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Validating BidPay

BidPay doesn't answer emails or if they do it's only with canned answers.

They do respond to telephone calls, don't know the number but you can get transferred if you call Western Union and ask for BidPay.

As previously suggested, go to www.bidpay.com and create an account based on your ebay email address and you can then check to confirm that the payment is legit.

BidPay is a very good service for sellers, no cost and very reliable. I have received hundreds of BidPay payments without any problems at all. Money orders are mailed and you normally receive them in about 10 days but I always ship after receiving the confirmation email.

To check the messages without logging into your account, look at the "message details" (via properties), messages should be sent from the following server....

mail6.bidpay.com

There are scams out there based on fake BidPay money orders, from reports they seem to often be related to high end computer equipment mostly, looking at your listings, you are in the right category but the wrong "vintage" to attract scammers.

Ben
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Validating BidPay

dropnsellnow
Community Member
Thanks for the responses. I did set up BidPay account under my eebat email address and the transaction iddn;t show up. I'll try to call them via the western union route. My sense is that this payment is genuine, but would like to get some confirmation.

Norman
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Validating BidPay

sunset_sports_cards
Community Member
When I read the OP I thought SCAM right away. There have been instances whereby an astute scammer has duplicated a bidpay notice like that. That may be the case here.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Validating BidPay

Have you checked the headers on the emails to see exactly where it is coming from.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Validating BidPay

dropnsellnow
Community Member
Turns out it was genuine. Compared with its email support, BidPay's phone support turns out to be excellent. Probably because it is so hard to get the number. For anybody that wants it, the BidPay phone number is 800 350 5952.

Assistance much appreciated.

Norman
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Validating BidPay

llee2
Community Member
Bidpay usually only provides canned pre-recorded messages when you call.

If you need to speak to a real person, dial
1-800-999-9660 then press *0* (star zero star). This will get you to a live customer service rep.

Lincoln
Message 8 of 8
latest reply