Very Strange Sales since last Week?

bare_bright
Community Member
Has anything Changed on eBay.ca Site? Normally 95% of my sales are to the USA and For the last 7 or More Days it's the other way around?

Did I block out us Buyers somehow? All I know it's very very Slow, is anybody else having this probling lately?

Anyhelp would be Welcome:)
T.J.
Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Yep having a big drop in sales then normally, dunno if its me or what else is going on. Thanks.

Sukh
(Dream About Comics)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Thanks.

Sukh
(IComic.ca)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 2 of 36
latest reply

Very slow for me the last couple of weeks as well.... Offers on my store items have slowed to a crawl and the traffic seems rather light.

Andrew
Message 3 of 36
latest reply

I managed to get traffic to 160 UV/day and after the 1c promo ended it dropped to 80 UV/day although I was running same auctions. Sales - during promo it was close to $200/day for few days, not it's way down and fluctuates. But it goes up and down, hard to see a pattern. Sometimes a kid in some school tells his friends about us and then we see spike in sales for next few day.

As far as the nationalities, US buyers are approx 1/3 of my sales and 95% of my problems.
Message 4 of 36
latest reply

acofa
Community Member
Look at: http://www2.ebay.com/aw/ca/200803.shtml#2008-03-31142420
I will not be surprised if ebay will ask to pay extra for showing .ca listings on ebay.com.
Maybe they are testing this new "very wanted" option now.
Message 5 of 36
latest reply

In our case, our offsite sales are now triple that of what we sell on eBaY so not complaining to much about the slowdown on eBaY revenue as this time of year we do see a slowdown plus not to mention the USA economy is not helping as most ppl are cutting back dramatically on their spending.
Message 6 of 36
latest reply

bare_bright
Community Member
you just want to be on to something, it's the only logical explanation I was also thinking about, again I just sold 2 items in store from ca buyer, That's makes it 18 Canadian sales and 2 USA sales in the past few days or so, very not normal, Lol

also the rate of unpaid item's is way up and that is very rare from ca buyers.

Time will tell, Time Tells all 🙂
T.J.
Message 7 of 36
latest reply

A lot of potential US buyers may be paying more attention to their income taxes, due on April 15.
Message 8 of 36
latest reply

bare_bright
Community Member
Possible, explain the drastict CA buyers Then? is Ebay sending out some kinda promotion to CA buyers, just don't make sense such a turn around
:)
T.J.
Message 9 of 36
latest reply

is Ebay sending out some kinda promotion to CA buyers

I am also a buyer, have different IDs dor buying and selling and did not get any eBay buying promotion. Perhaps they are running a TV commercial, I cut off the cable last year.
Message 10 of 36
latest reply

Go figure...my sales have been stronger than usual for the past 2 weeks.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 11 of 36
latest reply

ameroindustries
Community Member
Last week sucked slow sales saturday was the worst i normally make like 1000+ on saturday i only neted around 650.00 . This week is good though 1300.00 profit on a monday it makes up for the poor saturday .
Message 12 of 36
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Go figure...my sales have been stronger than usual for the past 2 weeks....

I've never had such great sell through, or such high prices for my items. Even got 102.00 for a cup and saucer on the weekend.

I figured it must be that our DSR's are putting us higher in search results. When I checked, YUP, all our items are at the top of every category I checked.

I've sold the last 135 items I've listed, everything is selling and selling high. Very weird.

Only change I've made is I closed my store in February, and I start all my auctions at 99 cents.

Average selling price per item in the last 30 days has been $24.00.
Message 13 of 36
latest reply

bare_bright
Community Member
Perhaps closing the store is a good idea and just run auctions, I tried many of times 99 cent listings and lost big time, not to good for my type of items, I even lost big time on new Camera's at 99 cents and also some antiques, so ever since then I rarely use 99 cent listings, normally one or two to try and get some buyers.

and my listings aswell are up top or not to far, just wondering if that's a good thing or not, most buyers scroll a page or 2 b4 striking, guess it all depends what one sells

right now I am looking to change what I sell, Think for now i'll look for summer items, most buckle buyers buy when there is nothing to do but shop on ebay.

this morning I really felt out of place because normally I walk out the door with 15 to 20 envelopes and today only had 3 😞

it's really getting me down I am not even enlisting items not to much profit when one has to relist a buckle 3 times to sell lol

later 🙂
T.J.
Message 14 of 36
latest reply

My sales were all right last week, mostly from my Store. I also noticed an increase in Canadian buyers.

Traffic is definitely down for me but I think the disappearance of the big jewelry seller has helped because I am more visible now.
Message 15 of 36
latest reply

bare_bright
Community Member
Judy glad for you! it's like a big chain dept. store closed next door for you, you just gave me an idea on what to sell lol

I was actually thinking of making my own copper bracelets since i work with copper all the time, but I can see it's a tough market, I'll keep looking for a product that I can manufactory myself since I am a machinist by trade for 25 years now.

Any Ideas are surely Welcome

Have a nice day:)
T.J.
Message 16 of 36
latest reply

rockey, you are a machinist and have access to CNC and looking at selling $9.90 copper bracelets? You crazy dude?

A guy has his own brand of some photographic stand equipment and makes thousands doing so.
Message 17 of 36
latest reply

bare_bright
Community Member
super, keep the ideas rolling in:)

would I be aloud to sell let's say ebay Logos? like a Machined wall plak? etc. or do I need ebay to certify it?
what would be the steps, does anyone know?

Thanks
T.J.
Message 18 of 36
latest reply

You cannot, trademark protection.

Who needs eBay logos anyway? To do what?

But there is thousand things that people need and you can machine. Can you work with plastic? Aluminum? Steel? What precision machining can you get? Do you have equipment to mill PCB, engrave name tags, etc?

Hard to find replacement parts for old cars.

Modular aluminum or plastic boxes (well, plastic is normally molded, but I was looking at something yesterday that I could use but would need to machine off a little bit).

But talking about plastic - you could probably machine the form they use to press the material. This is a one-off job and very expensive, but you need a lot of CAD skills for that too.

How about making a hand-made martial arts weapons (collectibles or functional), like nunchaks or swords.
Message 19 of 36
latest reply

canadabeltbuckles
Community Member
My sales have sucked for the past month! But then, I only list a few items at a time. Most PowerSellers list hundreds and even 1,000 to 2,000 items, so they have more business... Got to get into other items as well, it only makes sense, the more items the sales, but yes, increased listing costs...

Selling & Shipping to the UK via Canada Post has been a nightmare for me, so the 'upgrade' international listing/viewing propsal may or may not be good for me, we will see. I might try and include it in a couple of listings just to test the water...

What about you people? Are you going to start listing with the additional exposure, on all your products or just test it with a few listings?

Futuretech - noticed your GST for Ontario is still at 6% on your listings, you may want to update that.

Rockyeb220 - Yes, all logo's are copyrighted, not a good route to take there...

Tea_Past_Times - You have over 40 listings right now, and everyone has at least 1 bid, Fantastic!! You Go Girl!!

"If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome."
Message 20 of 36
latest reply