Volunteers Needed for eBay On The Road in St. Catharines, Waterloo & Markha

carly@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi everyone,

I am hoping many of you in Ontario will be attending eBay.ca On The Road sessions over the next 2 weeks. I am looking for Volunteers who are enthusiastic about eBay and would like to help out at the registration area. I promise it is light work! It is going to be busy, and it's a great chance to meet and help other eBayers! You will have to arrive 1 hour prior to the sessions.

It is always great to have PowerSellers involved with the event as you know all the answers to many of the new seller questions and are inspirational to sellers who attend the sessions to ramp up their businesses.

Please email me for more details at carly@ebay.com.

There are great perks to being a volunteer, a special ebay gift of thanks and a chance to chat with our staff, and meet tons of other eBay users. I will be at every On The Road this year, and I hope to get lots of participation from the community to help make it as much fun as the last 2 years.

Here are the details:

eBay.ca On The Road is coming to St. Catharines, Waterloo and Markham in May. Don’t miss your opportunity to learn all about buying and selling on eBay from the experts - right in your hometown. This year we are featuring two courses, a networking hour and a new format for Questions & Answers.

eBay Explained
This course will cover everything you need to know to get started buying and selling on eBay. It also features proven tips on how to be successful and how to stay safe online.

eBay Selling
This course assumes you already know how to use the site but you want to start selling on eBay. It includes everything from the basics of listing an item to selling strategies that will help you succeed.

Register today for just $35! For more information about the events, please visit the On The Road page.

Event Details:

May 18 12pm - 7pm St. Catharines, ON
Quality Hotel Parkway Convention Centre
327 Ontario St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R 5L3

May 19 12pm - 7pm Waterloo, ON
The Waterloo Inn & Conference Centre
475 King St. North
Waterloo, ON N2J 2Z5

May 26 12pm - 7pm Markham, ON
Crystal Fountain Banquet Halls
60 McDowell Gate
Markham, ON L6B 1B5

Hope you can make it!
Carly
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

magical-deals
Community Member
you want us to volunteer but your charging $35 for people that want to come? am i missing something?
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

auctiondropnship
Community Member
magical-deals
I would have to assume you have never deen to the event . It's well worht the $35.00 value . In fact I and other charge $90 to teach the same thing.

This is well worth the cost
Auction Drop N Ship
Drop It, Sell It, Ship It

Canada's Ebay Drop Off Store
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

audioshack
Community Member
magical-deals, there are several reasons why the charge is not unfair.

First off, eBay sends their staff to another city with all of the associated costs that comes with that.

The banquet halls or auditoriums that the sessions are held in are not free.

Typically, beverages are supplied for attendees which are also not free.

There is usually a handout or giftpak which is not free.

There is also a cardinal rule in seminar development - if you offer a seminar for free then that is the value that it is observed to have.

Having attended on the road in London, I would agree with auctiondropnship that a 7 hour session is moderately priced at $35. The value that you take from it is determined by what you put into it.

The call for volunteers is ebay's effort to help answer questions for newbies during registration and the breaks. eBay staffers get pulled in a lot of directions and a lot of questions went unanswered last year because their just wasn't enought staff and time.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

catseye*
Community Member
Magic, if you're a powerseller, in the past the registration has been waived. Why not inquire about that perk.

*JMHO* - to be taken with a grain of salt!
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

audioshack
Community Member
Actually, truth be known, volunteers are not required to pay the registration fee.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

well, i think it's common sense that the fee won't be charged for volunteers, but the sequence on how it was worded was a bit confusing.

i actually emailed Carly last week and volunteer for the Markham session but i haven't heard from her yet.
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

momosworld
Community Member
I emailed her yesterday, no response 😞 oh well...you try to help..lol

My mommy says i'm cool

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I will be volunteering at the Markham session. I emailed Carly a few days ago and got a response. Try emailing her again. I am looking forward to meeting fellow EBayers and gettin free stuff!

Julie
ROCKCANDYLAND
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

there must have been an overwhelming response to volunteer, i emailed her almost right after the message appeared. Or may be i have been complaining too much here 😛
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

pixelbarrel
Community Member
I emaild her too (Markham). LOL...and didn't get an email back. Maybe she has enough people already. Still...an email telling me that would have been nice.
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

auctiondropnship
Community Member
marcopoloca

They may feel it better for you too attend the show
Todd
Auction Drop N Ship
Drop It, Sell It, Ship It

Canada's Ebay Drop Off Store
Message 12 of 12