WELL EVERYONE, you do not have to worry about looking at your DSR

It seems too many people were complaining about the DSR site not working properly, so.... now it isn't even on the ebay site anymore. Anyone know what is going on?
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

fenian
Community Member
Not a clue .......just noticed that myself. My 30-day numbers were ridiculous, as were those of countless others on both the Canadian board and the US board. After reading many comments from other sellers, I didn't bother trying to contact "help" or anyone else at eBay as I figured I would just get an answer read off a prompt card saying everything was fine.
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

There has been a notice put up in System Announcements.

"***DSRs Displaying Incorrectly - updated***

August 09, 2008 | 06:00PM PST/PT

As a result of an issue we experienced during the daily update to the 30-day Detailed Seller Rating (DSR) averages, some sellers are experiencing either an increase or decrease in their DSR scores. In order to recalculate all DSR scores as quickly as possible, we have temporarily disabled the Seller Dashboard. We are also removing the trust factors (DSRs; buyer satisfaction rating; and shipping cost, including free shipping) from the Best Match algorithm so sellers are not promoted or demoted unfairly.

Finally, we will not calculate PowerSeller discounts or Best Match standings until the recalculation is complete and the DSR averages have been verified. We are working these problems around the clock and apologize for any inconvenience or confusion that we may have caused our sellers.

Regards,
eBay "

I really hope this gets sorted soon.:|
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

fenian
Community Member
This was copied over to the US Powersellers board by one of the posters:

As a result of an issue we experienced during the daily update to the 30-day Detailed Seller Rating (DSR) averages, some sellers are experiencing either an increase or decrease in their DSR scores. In order to recalculate all DSR scores as quickly as possible, we have temporarily disabled the Seller Dashboard. We are also removing the trust factors (DSRs; buyer satisfaction rating; and shipping cost, including free shipping) from the Best Match algorithm so sellers are not promoted or demoted unfairly.
Finally, we will not calculate PowerSeller discounts or Best Match standings until the recalculation is complete and the DSR averages have been verified. We are working these problems around the clock and apologize for any inconvenience or confusion that we may have caused our sellers.

Regards,
eBay
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

fenian
Community Member
Sniped by about 2 seconds !!
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
And if anyone at Ebay is thinking straight, they will leave the dashboard software the way it is right now. OFF!! It's not too late to save Ebay. Just put certain higher ups out to the curb, with the broken DSR software and we will be OK!
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Photobucket
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I really hope this gets sorted soon.:|

Why? I thought everybody wanted dsr's to be done away with?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

"I thought everybody wanted dsr's to be done away with?"

Not me! 😉

I love DSRs. 🙂

Superior DSRs give me better placement in Search on .com and also provide me with a 20% rebate on my FVF (worth over US$ 100 monthly). 🙂

Since DSRs are anonymous, they also allow buyers to more adequately rate sellers on different aspect of every transaction. Not a perfect system (nothing ever is) but a great improvement! .
Quality stamps from Canada, British Commonwealth and Worldwide at Wholesale Prices
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Pierre, by "everyone" I meant everyone who obsesses on a daily basis about the state of their dsr's. Personally I've been Lowered, Raised & Standard and haven't noticed an iota of difference. I've also had no discount, 5% and 15% without doing anything of substance differently.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

"everyone who obsesses on a daily basis about the state of their dsr's."

That's not me. 😉

I only have one obsession: eBay BUGS ! .
Quality stamps from Canada, British Commonwealth and Worldwide at Wholesale Prices
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

norbridgeantiques
Community Member
Pierre, tell us your secret.:^O
Message 12 of 12
latest reply