WHAT DID EVERYONE THINK OF JORDAN'S LIVE DISCUSSION?

katiusciav
Community Member
...maybe i haven't been around for years to have heard all these live discussions with ebay reps, but after hearing this one, i have to say, i was a little disapointed! i'm wondering first of all why its only an hour? with so many canadian powersellers, how on earth can everyone's questions/concerns get addressed? i mean, i know not EVERYONE'S would get addressed, but sheesh man, i think he took 6 calls, and many of the questions were from the same person! a girl, debbie i think and a guy, justin i think. part of the hour was taken up with other discussions, and then i believe he ended a little early due to his 'raspy voice'? i think someone on this board was saying they tried to get in, but got disconnected, and never managed to get in queu...
i didn't feel like it was a good productive discussion (in my opinion), for the old timers out there...are they always like that? and that short??
Kat
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

jakeeangel
Community Member
I think they started doing the voice ones because he takes so darn long to type his responses during the board discussions. They allowed for an hour but it was only 30 minutes. Jordan said he had laryngitis and since there were no questions on the phone, why continue.

I find the Canadian ones useless. I find eBay Canada useless. Try listening to the .com Town Halls. They're much more productive and informative.

I know Debbie. She's a nice girl but I have to laugh, she's NARU'd. LOL I think she was trying to keep the discussion going rather than have it end because no one was on the phone asking questions, which is exactly what happened. If nobody calls in they'll probably stop doing them which wouldn't be good for when real questions come along that need answers.

They've only been doing the phone in discussions for a few months now. I tried calling in once but it wasn't a pleasant experience. The discussion had been postponed but the stupid operator put me through to something entirely different that wasn't eBay at all. No idea what she was doing. I also don't like having to give your last name. I don't think that needs to be the case.

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction!
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

katiusciav
Community Member
oh my gosh!! naru'ed!! ahaahahahahaaa! that's hilarious! no one had called?!? i would have thought there would have been lots of people calling in?? i guess its back to .com yet again...even for live discussions!
Kat
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

tobyshitzu
Community Member
None of them have lasted the hour as very few have called in, even after they started offering the prize the previous time. I've listened to them afterwards, but there really isn't a benefit too.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Not one of the callers asked any real hard questions - nor any questions that had any real value at all - like why is it that when a Canadian sellers get a SNPC notice is their account limited/restricted for 30 plus days whereas USA sellers who get the SNPC notice are only restricted for 2weeks with an automated removal of the restriction whereas Canadian sellers have to wait inline for a manual review before the restriction is lifted.

Also, a question like, why is it that a seller with an account rep. get preferred treated over a seller that does not have access to an account rep.

Moreso, why is it that a platinum seller can go on charging ridiculous shipping rates whereas a tiny bronze or silver level sellers gets racked over the coals for charging the same rates as the platinum level. Oh and by the way for that matter why is it that a smaller seller can have his ad pulls for listing violations whereas a larger seller can list blatantly obvious restricted items without so much as one ad being pulled by ebay.

Why the so many inconsistancy in how eBay's own policies are being applied across the board.

Anyways, I guess I stop here = plenty of more but it is like beating a dead horse.

TIM @ FTL
Message 5 of 5
latest reply