Wagglepop -- Anybody heard of it?

Its a new auction site opening Jan 2005 -- they're claiming that they will be giving eBay a run for their money -- especially on the customer service side.

Here's the press release:

http://vpagrading.com/wagglepoppress.htm

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Promises promises.

How many buyers? That is what is important.

Angelo
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

muminlaw
Community Member
Just logged in to ask the same question -- projected start date of Jan 18th, run by some of eBay's top PSers who claim to know what sellers want and need. Here's an excerpt from what I got in my email:

Want to learn more about Wagglepop?

Would you like to contribute ideas to the site?

Sellers, would you like to be up and running on the first day? Sign-up for our 3-day advance pre-launch, when you can open your store, get to know the site, and stock up with listings for the big launch!

Then join us over at freeauctionscripts to sign-up! While you're there take a look at our open, honest discussion about what the site will be, get updates on features and launch dates, and get a feel for who we are and who you can be, with us!

Obviously, no site is going to start with buyers - if they really have a superior attitude toward sellers, the sellers will come and the buyers will follow the sellers if there are enough of them. It'll be interesting to watch (and maybe even to try out). More info at http://www.wagglepop.com

Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

scouttech-outfitters
Community Member
Hmmm interesting, Ive checked out other auction sites before tho and they just dont have the customer base eBay has to offer
Not to mention it tends to get confusing operating on multiple auction sites
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

That last point is the one I'm worried about -- I wouldn't mind trying it, but managing multiple auction sites could get overwhelming...
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

shooger
Community Member
It's easy to make those kinds of promises. I doubt anything will come of it.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply