Wait time on seller before going to Resolution Center?

jelekos
Community Member

I recently purchased a MacBook pro.

Once I received the item, not only was the power cord not included, as it was supposed to be... the item was also described having 500 gb ssd and it only came with 120 gb ssd...

I have not been able to get any response from the seller...

How long should I be waiting until I take action through the Resolution Center?

Not sure on the proper time frame, I should be giving the seller to reply and try to resolve my complaint about the product not being delivered as described.

The issue in question is about $250.00 difference in price, so I'm not very happy a the moment.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You've got a maximum 45 days through paypal to file a claim.

If you are close to that limit file NOW! Don't wait for the seller.

If you have some time before the limit kicks in, then allowing the seller 2 business days to respond is enough politeness.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

If the item does not match the description provided in the listing, you will want to return it to the

seller for a refund.  You must use a Delivery Confirmed service for this, otherwise a seller can say

the item never arrived.

The following link will explain the procedure, with a link to the Resolution Center you can use:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

The important thing to note is that you must take action by day 45 (well, say Day 43 just to be safe).

You can certainly start sooner if you like.  But after day 45, eBay/paypal will not help you.

If, however, you still want the item perhaps you can work out something with the seller whereby he

immediately sends the missing cord.  I don't see how he can send you more gb, however.

Sometimes in a case like this a seller will offer a partial refund so you can purchase the cord elsewhere.

It sounds as if you are having no luck with the seller, though.  Have you given him a reasonable amount

of time to get back to you?

As stated in the above link, try to work it out with the seller and if no luck there, go for the claim.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply