Want To Say Thank You To The Community Helpers!!!!!

Hello,

I want to say thank you to many members of the ebay community! You were always there when someone needed your help! You came strong and factual with your answers and comments. Kept it professional, trustworthy, and respectable when needed. For that, I give you all thanks! You are professional, knowledgeable, understanding people. I would not go anywhere else for ebay advise! I provide a list of people from these ebay boards that I most recognise over the years, please forgive me if I forgot you!!

pjcdn2005, pierrelebel, femmefan1946, pocomocomputing, nan*55, puckstophere, dipmicro, karl*katz, reallynicestamps, lady.stark, 007steveb16, brandeentertainment, bb_cool_stuff, inuk_the_polar_bear, art-in-the-making, tobyshitzu, thebarterersdog, rose-dee, nuvistors, cumos55, collectors52, ilurkthereforiam , triber, recped, zee-chan, i*m-still-here.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Thank you very much I do appreciate it as I am sure the rest do as well .. Take care and good luck I'm sure many of us will be around for awhile hope to see you there 😉 

I'll have to hand the professional part off to the others though .. I am just nice  guy and like to help with a little bit of northern minor redneck in me  LOL ...

Also ya thanks everyone you have all been great help to me as well and it's nice to have help and guidance sometimes.

Positive posts are always nice to read cheers everyone

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

"with a little bit of northern minor redneck in me "

Back in the 60's I worked as a diamond driller at INCO in Thompson, Manitoba.  Does that make me a redneck miner too? 😉

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Really Pierre.

My first two summer jobs were in Northern Manitoba. Of course that was the time they hired students.

I believe the government at the time paid half the wages from May until the end of August. That seemed to end after my second summer.

There seemed to be recruiters at every University in the West.

Summer of 77, Lynn Lake with Sherritt Gordon, Summer of 78 with HBMS in Snow Lake.

Wages & Bonuses was great, Lynn Lake was a pretty shaky town, Snow Lake was beautiful but of course limited women opportunities.

Good thing i met my future wife back in Vancouver a couple of months later. Last two summer jobs were in Summerland, i bartended, Judit served.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Undergound diamond drilling at the Inco mine was an unforgettable experience.

http://www.google.ca/search?q=underground+diamond+driller&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox... 

Was there twice: winter of 1967 and late Spring/early Summer of 1967. Money was exceptional in those days for unskilled young men willing to put long hours in the dark underground and get dirty.

What is underground diamond drilling?  Guys using diamond bits at the end of long series of ten foot rods drilling for 1" core. Take a look at some of the pictures in the link above.

After spending two months in the hole and banking a fair amount of money, I took off for the West Coast.  Quick trip to Reno - lost everything! 😞 

Spent some time in Portland Oregon (the 60's were a different world!), then hitchhicked and live in Western Canada for a while and back in the hole in Thompson to make more money. 

Eventually hitchhicked my way back to Montreal, got a decent job, met the wife, settled down, had kids, bought a house, raised a family... the usual. 🙂

But I will never forget 1967. By the time I hit Montreal, Expo was over.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I remember the Diamond Driller Gang, they were huge, forearmed men. I thought i was big, but oh man.

To be honest i was just a labourer the first year & down just eight hundred feet. Cannot remember the wage.

Second summer i ran the tram, down thirty six hundred feet, all by my lonesome. I remeber that wage was 8.55 an hour & 1.50 for each ore car emptied into the grizzly after seventy four. Why seventy four, I don't know. I hustled & made great coin.

We would often go to Thompson to visit friends who worked for INCO & spent a lot of money at the Mystery Lake Bar. Not sure if that hotel is still around.

A lot of friends also worked in Leaf Rapids i guess the halfway point between Lynn & Thompson.

Were the Polaris Dorms operating in Thompson at the time ?

Dorms in Lynn Lake were holes, Snow Lake Dorms were New Atco Trailers.

They were definitely fun times.

Then we met Judit & Mary & became responsible adults.

Life is good.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Sure why not pierre but I would of handed the professional part over to you as you know alot about this stuff on here and your always grammatically correct and basically always correct LOL ...

So Pierre our you really leaving us here or whats going on ... Just retiring from ebay or in general..

Most minors make so much money they are all broke LOL ... Me on the other hand I found a place to invest my money that has a very nice return .. EBAY ...

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Thanks for the mention Melissas!  🙂
I think that we all learn from each other.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I know I'm late, but I just read your message. And was pleasantly surprised to see my name in that list of great members who also helped me a lot!! So thank you very much to you and to everyone who helped me. 😉 As pjcdn2005 wrote, we all learn from each other. And that is really great!!

Message 9 of 9
latest reply